DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One vs. iPhone - On the same battlefield

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member

Nexus One vs. iPhone - On the same battlefield

An epic battle is coming my friends. To what am I referring to? The Android nation vs the iPhone nation is finally drawing near. Rumors have recently surfaced that shortly following the initial release of the Nexus One for the T-Mobile network there will be a second revision.... for the AT&T network.

What does this mean? Well, it means that there will finally be a battle between the iPhone and one of the top Android phones on the same network. We can finally do an apples to apples comparison and remove one of the biggest variables, the phone's network.

The Nexus One Forum news article outlines a bit more here: AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

The Android & Droid Nation of course will be rooting for the underdog in this monster battle. Any improvements made to the Nexus One will of course also find their way into the Droid platform in future updates, and hacks if necessary.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Still AT&T....ugh!

Another data intense device on an already crippled network.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla A855
    Honestly, the biggest issue is that most people have issues figuring out smartphones.

They have had ipods for years and they know apple devices are easy and fairly reliable out of the box.

Now, of course without jailbreaking, the iphone is going to be more limited than an android device, and android devices can be argued to not be any harder to use than an iphone. However, it's perception.

Also, if you are reading this, chances are you not only prefer android (otherwise why are you on the forum?) but that you are the kind of person who takes the time to learn a platform. I don't think that's the general public, though that seems to be changing as people become more and more tech savvy.

Also, people like to be able to go to a store and talk to people. iphone users can go to apple stores and to AT&T. Android users can only talk to people in the carrier stores. If you think that's not an issue, please print the FAQ from this forum and then take it to your nearest verizon store and see how much the employees know.

So although I will be interested in this "epic battle" I still like my droid since it's on Verizon and I still think the iphone is going to retain marketshare for a couple years. I'm not saying what I want or prefer, just want seems to be going on.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Ya--I'm not feeling it when it gets on AT&T. Right now, one of the biggest selling features is the DROID is on the best network and people immediately have a better experience with just the basic functions (compared to the iDrone / AT&T combo).

- Mega
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Well, the initial two releases will work on the T-Mobile network and then the AT&T network. After that, the sky is the limit. I would imagine they won't want to cannibalize sales of the Droid that they spent $100M marketing, so I don't think we'll see a Verizon version anytime soon.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I thought the Google phone is primarily for T-Mobile (although will work on ATT's GSM network)?

Also, nice preview of the Google phone on Engadet

Exclusive: Google Nexus One hands-on, video, and first impressions -- Engadget
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid baby!
    While Android is making great strides I don't expect it to fair well head to head against the iPhone. I think we have to remember the headstart the iPhone has had and, in spite of the advertising campaign Motorola / Verizon but on for the Droid, the Android platform is still not as mainstream.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla A855
    I totally agree souljerr
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Can we make a prediction?

Nexus gets decimated by the Apple iPhone on AT&T due to if people already own an iPhone, they'll wait for the next Apple device coming later in the year. Besides the market for an Android device was never needed as much on AT&T compared to Verizon for this very reason. The sale potential is much more limited. Of course this is all prediction but time will show us truth.

Everyone knows Nexus is a T-Mobile riddled phone for the most part. If any marketing is done post-release in the United States...it will target T-Mobile.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    IMO, the biggest draw away from the iPhone is not necessarily another phone, but another network VZW will sell more Android handsets than AT&T will. AT&T is already data crippled. Just a guess however...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links