DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother Of All Android Malware Has Arrived: Roots Phone, Steals Data, Opens Backdoor.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    It strikes me as perhaps a little less than coincidental how these anti-virus companies have been crying wolf for months and months and now we get the first real threat but Lookout is all over it.

Not accusing anyone or any company of anything, but merely pointing out these AV companies don't exist without viruses.
    Without many threats to monitor, of course they'll be all over a legitimate one.

Sent from my Droid
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Lol..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyIAm View Post

Without many threats to monitor, of course they'll be all over a legitimate one.
    True. I was going to give Lookout a checksee just because, why not? But I gave up on it when they wanted my email for the remote log-in capability. Don't want to join, so uninstall.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Good point....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    the people who downloaded those ridiculous apps deserve it..."Screaming sexy japanese girls"??, "hilton sex sound"?...how...dumb.
    Wow, way to feel confident judging others.

There are people into that, or there wouldn't be a market for the app. And not all of them were what I would consider outlandish. Scientific calculator, I have one downloaded and use it. Sound manager, also tried it at the recommendation of another user on these boards.

Funny that here, where people say they like the freedom of android, someone wants to limit that freedom to only what the majority like?

For the record, had I seen redheads gone wild, I may have bought!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    .247 and lovin' it thanks to HOB!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola droid 3
    For anyone talking about going to iphone cause mac don't have viruses ur wrong. Read a post the other day about someone created a virus for mac just to prove it can be done. Not that many people use a mac so y would somebody put a virus on a mac when 80% (not an actual estimate) of the world uses windows.
  7. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyz View Post
    Wow,
    This sucks! I might have to consider dare I say it, an iPhone
    Yea right... Like your really mean that.

Due for a new phone, was thinking 4G but with tier data limits, may stick with 3g. I've had enough crap to deal with regarding Windows and seems like Android is going this same route.

I will be seriously considering the iPhone
    This is why I picked up iP4 and will be buying the A5 powered iP5 when it releases. My d1 is just for playing around and media (no service/no sensitive data). When z4root and other one-touch easy-root programs released I knew this would happen. Was planning my escape since the first one-touch came out.

Its great being open.... until your indentity gets stolen... I'm sure the illogical fandroids will say it doesn't matter to them, but when they start getting bills in the mail from Zales, they'll change their tune!

Malware will be android's downfall. Mark my words.
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyTime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    the people who downloaded those ridiculous apps deserve it..."Screaming sexy japanese girls"??, "hilton sex sound"?...how...dumb.
    Wow, way to feel confident judging others.

There are people into that, or there wouldn't be a market for the app. And not all of them were what I would consider outlandish. Scientific calculator, I have one downloaded and use it. Sound manager, also tried it at the recommendation of another user on these boards.

Funny that here, where people say they like the freedom of android, someone wants to limit that freedom to only what the majority like?

For the record, had I seen redheads gone wild, I may have bought!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    I'm obviously not talking about Scientific Calculator. But if you're downloading an app called Sexy Screaming Chinese Women, and then you're surprised that you have malware, I don't know what to tell you. I'd say the same thing if you say "I don't know how I got this virus on my computer, the only site I visit are warez sites!!"...a little bit of common sense goes a long way.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  9. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyx2 View Post
    For anyone talking about going to iphone cause mac don't have viruses ur wrong. Read a post the other day about someone created a virus for mac just to prove it can be done. Not that many people use a mac so y would somebody put a virus on a mac when 80% (not an actual estimate) of the world uses windows.

Noone is talking about Mac.... the reason iPhone doesn't have this kinda malware is because Apple polices iTunes. If you pay $25 to Google, you can put apps on the market without any vetting process.
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyz View Post

Yea right... Like your really mean that.

Due for a new phone, was thinking 4G but with tier data limits, may stick with 3g. I've had enough crap to deal with regarding Windows and seems like Android is going this same route.

I will be seriously considering the iPhone
    This is why I picked up iP4 and will be buying the A5 powered iP5 when it releases. My d1 is just for playing around and media (no service/no sensitive data). When z4root and other one-touch easy-root programs released I knew this would happen. Was planning my escape since the first one-touch came out.

Its great being open.... until your indentity gets stolen... I'm sure the illogical fandroids will say it doesn't matter to them, but when they start getting bills in the mail from Zales, they'll change their tune!

Malware will be android's downfall. Mark my words.
    The thing is they can prevent this by doing some kind of screening. But they're too busy screaming "we're open, we're open!!!" and the fandroids are buying that hook line and sinker (even though they're not really using it's open source-"ness"). That being said, I still think using your brain when you download apps goes a long way. However, unlike popular belief (at least on this forum), android users are just like other users. The overwhelming majority are not saavy enough to even know what malware is, and are not even aware that something like identity theft can happen through your phone.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links