DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Next Gen Tegra from Nvidia Codenamed 'Kal-El' - Up to 5x Faster than Current Tegra 2

  1. Editor in Chief
    dgstorm's Avatar
    Member #
    154790
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,331
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    #1

    Next Gen Tegra from Nvidia Codenamed 'Kal-El' - Up to 5x Faster than Current Tegra 2


    Nvidia shows off 'heroic' level powerhouse chips on the horizon at MWC, and shares their roadmap. The next chipset from Nvidia to replace the current Tegra 2 dual-core will be a quad-core chip codenamed, 'Kal-El' (after the Kryptonian name of Superman for those who don't know comic books). It's official name has not been confirmed as either Tegra 3 or Tegra 4.

    Amazingly, not only does this chipset include a quad-core central processeor, but also includes a twelve core GPU as well! You read that correctly... 12 Cores for the GPU. To demonstrate this new tech, Nvidia streamed a 1440p video on a tablet PC, and simultaneously on a connected 30 inch LCD monitor at 2560 x 1600 resolution!

    This new chipset, is scheduled to arrive as early as August for Android tablet PC's, and Christmas of this year for smartphones. In fact, their 'roadmap' indicates that by 2014 they will release their 'Stark' level chip that will be 75 times faster than the Tegra 2!


    That's just insane if they can actually keep that pace. I'm beginning to wonder if some alien technology is slowly being doled out to us incrementally...

    Source: AndroidPolice via NVIDIA
    Last edited by dgstorm; 02-16-2011 at 01:42 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    joeybarclay's Avatar
    Member #
    83005
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    708
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid
    #2
    looks like soon i might be able to play crysis on my phone
  4. Master Droid
    motty69's Avatar
    Member #
    160585
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    258
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #3
    If that chart is accurate, by the time I'm looking to upgrade from the TBolt there will be tablets/phones 20X or so more powful than a Core2Duo. That is friggen insane. I told my wife just the other day that within 5-10 years there will be no need for anything but a smartphone that docks into a KMV for most people.
  5. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,709
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by motty69 View Post
    If that chart is accurate, by the time I'm looking to upgrade from the TBolt there will be tablets/phones 20X or so more powful than a Core2Duo. That is friggen insane. I told my wife just the other day that within 5-10 years there will be no need for anything but a smartphone that docks into a KMV for most people.
    I think that's clearly the direction....And then eventually the chips and processor get implanted in you, running off the body's electrical impulses, and then it's just a dummy phone that docks with you like everything else.
  6. Master Droid
    motty69's Avatar
    Member #
    160585
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    258
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by motty69 View Post
    If that chart is accurate, by the time I'm looking to upgrade from the TBolt there will be tablets/phones 20X or so more powful than a Core2Duo. That is friggen insane. I told my wife just the other day that within 5-10 years there will be no need for anything but a smartphone that docks into a KMV for most people.
    I think that's clearly the direction....And then eventually the chips and processor get implanted in you, running off the body's electrical impulses, and then it's just a dummy phone that docks with you like everything else.
    OMG, NO! I don't wanna be a Borg! You can't make... me... ...

    Resistance is futile.
  7. Droid Sensei
    tgyberg's Avatar
    Member #
    16974
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,751
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    #6
    WOW! We will be assimilated!
  8. Senior Droid
    TheJester34's Avatar
    Member #
    93764
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dunlap, TN
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Snyderman34
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #7
    Holy crap *nerdgasm*
  9. Senior Droid
    webeougher's Avatar
    Member #
    35224
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stoneboro, PA/New Haven, CT
    Posts
    231
    Twitter
    @webeougher
    Phone
    Motorola A855 Droid
    #8
    I guess I'm the nerdiest nerd, since I'm apparently the first one to notice the interesting progression:

    Superman, then Batman (Bruce Wayne), then Wolverine (James Howlett, aka Wolverine), then Iron Man (Tony Stark). Adamantium skeletons in 2013 and Iron Man armor in 2014!
  10. Senior Droid
    TheJester34's Avatar
    Member #
    93764
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dunlap, TN
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Snyderman34
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #9
    ^^^Yeah, you're a big nerd. lol
  11. Senior Droid
    funwheeldrive's Avatar
    Member #
    76584
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid HTC Incredible
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
    I guess I'm the nerdiest nerd, since I'm apparently the first one to notice the interesting progression:

    Superman, then Batman (Bruce Wayne), then Wolverine (James Howlett, aka Wolverine), then Iron Man (Tony Stark). Adamantium skeletons in 2013 and Iron Man armor in 2014!
    I thought this was obvious.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM
  2. Tegra 3 May Show Up at MWC
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 06:48 PM
  3. Gamers: Nvidia's Tegra 2 and Tegra Zone will delight you.
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 12:46 AM
  5. Official Nvidia Tegra 2 Superphone Press Release
    By dgstorm in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:29 PM

Search tags for this page

kal el nvidia release date
,
kal el processor release date
,

kal el release date

,
kal el tablet release date
,
kal-el processor release date
,
kal-el release
,

kal-el release date

,

nvidia kal el release date

,

nvidia kal-el release date

,
nvidia kel al
,

tegra 3 release date

,
tegra kal-el release date
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+