The HTC Flyer that we have been hearing stories about over the last couple of months has been officially unveiled. Sadly, the new Tablet PC from HTC will only come with Android 2.X. This is a "what was HTC thinking" moment. HTC has been transforming themselves into the de facto standard of quality and power with Android smartphones lately, so this news comes as a bit of a shock. Perhaps they will realize that this is a miss-step and find a way to optimize it for Honeycomb before they release it.
Regardless, the hardware specs still seem fairly impressive. Here they are:
- 7-inch screen with 1024 by 600 pixel resolution
- Only a Half an inch thick weighing-in at 14.8 ounces
- Powered by a 1.5GHz processor with 1GB RAM
- Includes a 5MP camera with a 1.3MP front facing camera
- 4000 mAh High Capacity battery
- Includes a Stylus and a Scribe button that includes some custom features and applications
Hmmm... maybe the Flyer will simply be HTC's "low-end" offering and they have something more befitting of their stature in the works. We will wait with bated breath, or at least keep you informed when we find out more.
Source: AndroidTablets.net via Phandroid