DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: HTC Thunderbolt Gets its Own Official Countdown Webspot On Verizon

  1. Editor in Chief
    dgstorm's Avatar
    Member #
    154790
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,324
    Liked
    2049 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    #1

    HTC Thunderbolt Gets its Own Official Countdown Webspot On Verizon



    It seems that Verizon and HTC are trying to build up excitement for the new Thunderbolt to 'stratospheric' levels. The phone now has its own official webspot on Verizon's website, and the 'lightning' countdown commercial you see above.

    This is a pretty clever marketing strategy for Verizon. The Thunderbolt is really just an improved version of the HTC EVO, but that's actually a pretty impressive thing regardless, as that phone practically single-handedly put Sprint back in the smartphone race.

    Building our anticipation for this great device only makes us want it more. What do you guys think?

    Source: Verizon - HTC Thunderbolt
    Last edited by dgstorm; 02-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Russ2387's Avatar
    Member #
    20618
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    210
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    #2
    Gimmee gimmee gimmee
    UD FOREVER!!!!or until jrummy comes back...
  4. Droid
    *86eyerok*'s Avatar
    Member #
    111761
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2 ; Moto XOOM
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2387 View Post
    Gimmee gimmee gimmee
    Haha, Im with you there!!!
    Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Stock
    MOTO XOOM
    Stock
  5. Premium Member
    huskerkate's Avatar
    Member #
    63787
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,665
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    #4
    interesting that the closing frame for the Spanish version of this video said February, but now this one says "coming soon." of course, the issues with release date are well known already. i'm waiting for a dual core.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch


    "Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  6. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,706
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #5
    While the commercial grabs your attention, I still say it fails rather miserably on telling you anything.

    And by the way, does this remind anyone of War of the Worlds where the girl is counting the time between the lightning and thunder? Maybe not because I don't think there was thunder with that.
  7. Theme Developer
    kook's Avatar
    Member #
    20945
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,041
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    KookDoes
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    interesting that the closing frame for the Spanish version of this video said February, but now this one says "coming soon." of course, the issues with release date are well known already. i'm waiting for a dual core.
    I'm pretty sure they learned that they should lock themselves into a timeframe. If they translated it straight to February and don't deliver, fanboys would revolt.
    Search "kookahdoo" on the market for my themed apps.
  8. Senior Droid
    jcbsides's Avatar
    Member #
    168655
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    231
    Phone
    Thunderbolt...soon
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    While the commercial grabs your attention, I still say it fails rather miserably on telling you anything.

    And by the way, does this remind anyone of War of the Worlds where the girl is counting the time between the lightning and thunder? Maybe not because I don't think there was thunder with that.

    It's just a little teaser to get some word of mouth and what not going. I'm sure either right before or right after the release they will have some real commercials that explain why you should get your hands on this thing.
  9. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,706
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbsides View Post
    It's just a little teaser to get some word of mouth and what not going. I'm sure either right before or right after the release they will have some real commercials that explain why you should get your hands on this thing.
    True, and shorter commercials like this are cheaper. May just be me, but I tend to miss the the very short/quick detail at the end - you see TBolt for a brief second followed by almost just a flash of VZW. Strikes me as one of those commercials that may be memorable, but if you ask people what it was about or what product it was advertising they can't remember.
  10. Senior Droid
    jcbsides's Avatar
    Member #
    168655
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    231
    Phone
    Thunderbolt...soon
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbsides View Post
    It's just a little teaser to get some word of mouth and what not going. I'm sure either right before or right after the release they will have some real commercials that explain why you should get your hands on this thing.
    True, and shorter commercials like this are cheaper. May just be me, but I tend to miss the the very short/quick detail at the end - you see TBolt for a brief second followed by almost just a flash of VZW. Strikes me as one of those commercials that may be memorable, but if you ask people what it was about or what product it was advertising they can't remember.
    hahaha Those have become a staple of ad campaigns. I loved the "Reply all" commercial during the Super Bowl but can't for the life of me remember what it was an ad for.
  11. Super Moderator/RS
    dlwhtrose's Avatar
    Member #
    14116
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Posts
    2,777
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    #10
    Remember too that we did not get the release date for the Droid 1 from Verizon until about a week before it actually dropped. I think they are setting up to make the release date know by the end of this week. I think we are on track for a 24th release. At least I really hope so, I am not a patient person and this wait is killing me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:29 AM
  2. Verizon Upgrade to Thunderbolt Question
    By Rotas in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 08:58 PM
  3. Exclusive: 12 Photos of the HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon
    By WoZzY in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Thunderbolt Official! in a way...
    By ilikemoneygreen in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 11:00 PM

Search tags for this page

countdown between lightning and thunder

,

droid thunderbolt official site

,

htc thunderbolt advertisement font

,

htc thunderbolt to tv

,

htc thunderbolt underground

,

thunderbolt commercial wallpaper

,

veriozn countdown commercial

,

verizon droid countdown

,

verizon droid thunderbolt commercial

,

verizon next phone countdown

,

verizon stratosphere

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+