DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: More Rumors Indicate Delay of HTC Thunderbolt due to Verizon Maximizing iPhone Sales

  1. Droid Ninja
    Larry_ThaGr81's Avatar
    Member #
    55936
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hesperia
    Posts
    1,031
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    ^lol....whats funny about what you posted...

    I login to my account on Verizon and info for the iPhone shows up with the option of never showing it again. Never remember seeing that for any other phone....

    The iPhone has its own section on Verizon's website. Under smart phones its all the smart phones except the iPhone. On AT&T its mixed in with all the other smart phones..

    Just some things I noticed. Maybe cuz its old news for AT&T users, who knows.

    Still, if it helps to make sure the Thunderbolt gets attention, so be it.
    Yeah jroc, I had the same problem and I checked the box for it to never show me this again and it keeps coming up everytime I log in, which is bull. They don't realize that not everybody wants to see that crap.
    Simply Stunning rooted OGD
    Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder on
    SkyRaider Zeus
  2. Droid Ninja
    Larry_ThaGr81's Avatar
    Member #
    55936
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hesperia
    Posts
    1,031
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_ThaGr81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevaristy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    They better not wait too long last year they could have sold more incredibles had they not had delays. They need to hit that period soon or risk people, who could not wait, holding off to see if another device gets released to rival it. Especially being the thunderbolt is basically the evo. Now something that HTC has going for them is that the videos I saw of the dual core devices I have not been impressed with the load speeds of applications. If its because google is not optimized then they need to get it optimized so people can see videos of the device opening applications with more zip than our single core devices. Now dual core is doing one thing good and that is playing games. But a lot of us do not just use our phones to just play games. I am impressed with the LG 3D phone and that is on my list right now, where it will rank will depend on what motorola and htc does.
    Agreed. HTC is the big loser here, alot of og droid folks with 1 year upgrades are going to start looking in other directions. That xperia play looks better and better by the day.
    For gamers the xperia play looks awesome, but Sony will have to establish that they can keep there devices current as they haven't done this in the past.
    Why in the heck is the word Sony from my previous post linked? I didn't do that.
    Simply Stunning rooted OGD
    Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder on
    SkyRaider Zeus
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    dlwhtrose's Avatar
    Member #
    14116
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Posts
    2,777
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    #23
    I personally get really tired of Verizon's games. If it is all about money and their ability to gain as many iPhone sales as possible, don't let the cat out of the bag of what else you have coming. Don't dangle that carrot then snatch it away at the last minute and expect all your customers to be happy. My contracts are ending and unless Verizon gets off their a$$ and releases new phones I may have to look to other carriers. The lines here in Tucson for the iPhone were non-existent. I think Verizon needs to look to their customers and see what they really want, that is where their real money is. Apple products are not all that and it is about time that Verizon wakes up.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Larry_ThaGr81's Avatar
    Member #
    55936
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hesperia
    Posts
    1,031
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt
    #24
    It's unfortunate that people are unaware that the iPhone 4 is old technology with LTE and dual core devices about to come out. Verizon wants to make sure that they get every unaware customer that they can into a two year then they will drop the latest and greatest technology making iPhone look obsolete and the iPhone users jealous.

    It sure is nice being well informed.
    Simply Stunning rooted OGD
    Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder on
    SkyRaider Zeus
  5. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,704
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    ^lol....whats funny about what you posted...

    I login to my account on Verizon and info for the iPhone shows up with the option of never showing it again. Never remember seeing that for any other phone....

    The iPhone has its own section on Verizon's website. Under smart phones its all the smart phones except the iPhone. On AT&T its mixed in with all the other smart phones..

    Just some things I noticed. Maybe cuz its old news for AT&T users, who knows.

    Still, if it helps to make sure the Thunderbolt gets attention, so be it.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Sad part is, if you clear cookies the ad comes back! But, really, I have no reason to go to VZW site unless I want to look at a phone or plan prices. I get an email every month for my bill and so long as it's @ $80 I'm good.

    And it does kind of make sense to make it easy for people coming to the site to find the IPhone easily. Although it also could have been Apple wanting to restrict competition as much as possible - "don't even show our phone with Android on your site". Remember, there was little to no Android competition on AT&T.
  6. Senior Droid
    DroidMastar2's Avatar
    Member #
    16622
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid/iPhone 4
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    On the topic of delays, BB told me, without hesitation or any hemming and hawing that the BB release would be the 24, with the Verizon release two weeks later due to the "exclusive sales agreement" between BB and Verizon, presumably to give BB the opportunity to get presales... now we're looking at a March 10 release according to BB... GRRRR

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    I received a voicemail from Best Buy today stating that the expectednrelease date as of now is the 28th. It also said if it was delayed any further, I would be notified.... I have canceled my preorder...
    I don't know where I would be without my Sexy DROID along side my Sexy IPhone 4, and my Sexy Atrix...
  7. Senior Droid
    DroidMastar2's Avatar
    Member #
    16622
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid/iPhone 4
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_ThaGr81 View Post
    It's unfortunate that people are unaware that the iPhone 4 is old technology with LTE and dual core devices about to come out. Verizon wants to make sure that they get every unaware customer that they can into a two year then they will drop the latest and greatest technology making iPhone look obsolete and the iPhone users jealous.

    It sure is nice being well informed.
    You say that like every tech company doesn't do the same thing. Motorola did, does, and will keep doing... Same goes for HTC And just about every other company out there...
    I don't know where I would be without my Sexy DROID along side my Sexy IPhone 4, and my Sexy Atrix...
  8. Banned
    BUFFALOMADMAN's Avatar
    Member #
    101354
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BUFFALO, NY
    Posts
    218
    Phone
    DROID X, Xoom!
    #28
    I just want to point out that moto optimized 2.2 for dual core.. Proof is the engadget review of the atrix and they rated it a 9 out of 10 and engadget hates android. They also said it was the fastest phone they have ever used and apps and anything they threw at it was quick response so for everyone taht keeps saying that the dual core wont be utilized I think you are misinformed moto stated at ces that they have tweaked 2.2 to work with dual core
  9. Banned
    BUFFALOMADMAN's Avatar
    Member #
    101354
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BUFFALO, NY
    Posts
    218
    Phone
    DROID X, Xoom!
    #29
    Sorry for the double post but hopefully tommorow we will get a release date for the thunderbolt becasue all these dates being thrown around is crazy... The 24th, no now the 28th, wait no now march.... I mean if they wait this long like march might as well as wait to april because the bionic is suppose to launch beginning of April so their window is slowly closing
  10. Master Droid
    johall07's Avatar
    Member #
    19109
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    281
    Phone
    Droid
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevaristy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    They better not wait too long last year they could have sold more incredibles had they not had delays. They need to hit that period soon or risk people, who could not wait, holding off to see if another device gets released to rival it. Especially being the thunderbolt is basically the evo. Now something that HTC has going for them is that the videos I saw of the dual core devices I have not been impressed with the load speeds of applications. If its because google is not optimized then they need to get it optimized so people can see videos of the device opening applications with more zip than our single core devices. Now dual core is doing one thing good and that is playing games. But a lot of us do not just use our phones to just play games. I am impressed with the LG 3D phone and that is on my list right now, where it will rank will depend on what motorola and htc does.
    Agreed. HTC is the big loser here, alot of og droid folks with 1 year upgrades are going to start looking in other directions. That xperia play looks better and better by the day.
    i really hope i am wrong but didnt verizon just get rid of all upgrades....now you have to wait till your contract is up and sign up again to get the lower price.......hopefully if you are under contract this will only take affect after your current contract is up(haha yeah i am at a year and a bit)....or i just read it completely wrong
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon iPhone sales numbers
    By luv2golf in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 10:05 AM
  2. Verizon iPhone sales
    By luv2golf in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 03:38 AM
  4. rumors of iphone to verizon tomorrow...
    By treo700w in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 08:01 AM
  5. iPhone To Verizon Rumors Back
    By Edmvr6 in forum Non-Android Smart Phones
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Search tags for this page

htc thunderbolt sales figures

,

why thunderbolt delay

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+