DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DROID X2 Pictures and Specs Surface: Dual-core Processor, 1GB RAM, and qHD Screen

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    These manufacturers always amaze me. They will NEVER give you the "perfect" phone : )

"Hey lets put 1GB of RAM in it!"

"Sounds great!!)

"Ok so what do we take out then?"

"I'm thinking a front facing camera and LTE capabilities"

"I'll go with that."
    Let's not forget about removing the physical camera button....
    Yea, they took away the "enter" button!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Except for as stated, using it in recovery
    That is exactly what I was saying. Guess you don't have to worry about rooting the DX2....they fixed that permanently
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    So....as stated before....I am back to waiting for the D3....you know....the rootable one.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    These manufacturers always amaze me. They will NEVER give you the "perfect" phone : )
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I blame it on some mythical price point they've determined to be the sweet spot. So it boils down to not offering a fully loaded phone because they think it would be priced out of the market.

Either that, or we are very close to the hardware being commoditized to the point you can't differentiate on specs. They're going to squeeze one, maybe two more annual upgrades out of us.

So now we have the Playstation phone, and I'm wondering when we get a phone geared to the photography enthusiasts with better camera/video recording capabilities. Seems the one area the hardware is still a bit lacking. I think there's a good bit of untapped potential there.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    I think it could do well for those that do not want to pay the 4G prices...
    No indication that LTE is going to cost more for data, nor did I really expect them to bump prices. LTE phones will probably cost a bit more, but I'm not sure the hardware itself costs much more, it's just VZW and the mfr gouging the consumer. In that regard, you're correct that 2/3 of the market doesn't have LTE and won't want to pay an extra $50 for that feature, but it probably doesn't cost the mfr anywhere near $50 more so it's pretty arbitrary.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    So....as stated before....I am back to waiting for the D3....you know....the rootable one.
    This may not be too far fetched since early rumor shows it to be vanilla android. What better way to commemorate the Droid 1 than going back to its roots. No pun intended.

Droid-->Ether-->This Thread
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post

Let's not forget about removing the physical camera button....
    Yea, they took away the "enter" button!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Except for as stated, using it in recovery
    That is exactly what I was saying. Guess you don't have to worry about rooting the DX2....they fixed that permanently
    Naw, that doesnt mean anything....recovery commands can be changed. We use it on the Incredible (for example) with no camera button.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    This may not be too far fetched since early rumor shows it to be vanilla android. What better way to commemorate the Droid 1 than going back to its roots. No pun intended.

Droid-->Ether-->This Thread
    ah come on.....that was a good pun
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    That's technology for ya...how else will these money hungry people make their profit!? Wanna know WHY they won't change their bad habits of giving the world 1-2 stupid upgrades per release? Because there are many stupid people who give in to the ONE addition...instead of waiting for something better. There was an iPhone which didn't have none of the new technologies that other phones had already...and people STILL went and bought that iPhone..THEN, after a year later, those OLD features were NEW on the iPhone..and people went ahead and purchased that iPhone (still in contract) at retail price...APPLE and other companies LOVE suckers.

"Hey lets put 1GB of RAM in it!"

"Sounds great!!)

"Ok so what do we take out then?"

"I'm thinking a front facing camera and LTE capabilities"

"I'll go with that."

It's very frustrating to say the least. I'm growing tired of the games the manufacturers/carriers play with the consumer. I mean I'm not a fan of a FFC, I have no use for it but a lot of consumers want that option so why not just throw it in. Rhetorical question : ) Very frustrating.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    And guess what? MOTO can't wait until you buy it!
    They can't wait to succeed in their 'Droid X2 having LESS than the Droid X or not being so much greater than it and still have it sell' creation plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaRaJuKu_DrOiD© View Post
    if the No LTE/4G was a killer, then the absence of a front facing camera nailed the coffin shut. SMH such potential
    I think it could do well for those that do not want to pay the 4G prices... FFC is only good if you have someone else with it. The FFC is not a big thing for me. But I am still going to wait for the Bionic.. I am might get this phone....
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    You can go ahead and not believe this but these companies have so much potential...the photo capturing is probably at 15-20 Megapixels..and the video capability is probably AMAZING...But, like I said before, they are all about PROFIT...they can't let the money spenders have the BEST all at once!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I blame it on some mythical price point they've determined to be the sweet spot. So it boils down to not offering a fully loaded phone because they think it would be priced out of the market.

Either that, or we are very close to the hardware being commoditized to the point you can't differentiate on specs. They're going to squeeze one, maybe two more annual upgrades out of us.

So now we have the Playstation phone, and I'm wondering when we get a phone geared to the photography enthusiasts with better camera/video recording capabilities. Seems the one area the hardware is still a bit lacking. I think there's a good bit of untapped potential there.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links