DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: HTC's Profit Growth Powered By Android

  1. Master Droid
    WenWM's Avatar
    Member #
    120293
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    647
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member
    #1

    HTC's Profit Growth Powered By Android


    Itís obvious that HTC is slowly becoming one of the largest phone manufacturers in the world, and the latest business week report indicates it is almost certainly thanks to Android. The chart above was created by Business Insider. The sales from devices like the Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, and more, comes together to give them a little more than three times the profit margins they saw before.

    What do you think of HTCís place in the Android world? Do you think they are the best Android phone maker in the world?

    Source (Androidís Impact on HTC Visualized | Android Phone Fans)
    Last edited by dgstorm; 02-04-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
  2. Senior Droid
    aRsTwiX's Avatar
    Member #
    164454
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    I think with the phones they have coming out, HTC is falling behind.

    I mean... TB?
    Evo on Verizon?

    Evo is like a year old...
    And then the next gen D Inc isn't LTE...

    Get with it HTC!
  3. Droid Sensei
    jroc's Avatar
    Member #
    56815
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,855
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    #3
    Looks like once the Incredible came it was no turning back...wow.

    Looking good HTC...looking good. And they have some WP7 phones out too?
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

    MLK, Jr.
  4. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,709
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #4
    I look at those soaring profits and selfishly say...give us better phones or make them cheaper so we can upgrade every 6-12 months.
  5. Senior Droid
    Amagine's Avatar
    Member #
    103153
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #5
    No offense, but I would like to see HTC somehow slow down the cycle. Maybe to something like Apple's one a year. HTC builds probably the best unlocked hardware. I say this because in truth if Moto didn't lock their stuff, HTC wouldn't have a thought on my brain.

    but if they do slow down. Build stuff that's damn near revolutionary...
    OG Droid Razr Maxx
    Cyanogenmod 11 nightly
    64G SD (until they make a bigger one)

    Samsung Galaxytab 7+
    AOSPA 3.68 (4.2.2 base)
  6. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,709
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Amagine View Post
    No offense, but I would like to see HTC somehow slow down the cycle. Maybe to something like Apple's one a year. HTC builds probably the best unlocked hardware. I say this because in truth if Moto didn't lock their stuff, HTC wouldn't have a thought on my brain.

    but if they do slow down. Build stuff that's damn near revolutionary...
    Most people are on a 2-yr upgrade cycle. How long you going to wait after 2 years? I think people tend to grab the latest tech, so to keep competitive you almost have to come out with a new phone every 4 months.
  7. Senior Droid
    Amagine's Avatar
    Member #
    103153
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amagine View Post
    No offense, but I would like to see HTC somehow slow down the cycle. Maybe to something like Apple's one a year. HTC builds probably the best unlocked hardware. I say this because in truth if Moto didn't lock their stuff, HTC wouldn't have a thought on my brain.

    but if they do slow down. Build stuff that's damn near revolutionary...
    Most people are on a 2-yr upgrade cycle. How long you going to wait after 2 years? I think people tend to grab the latest tech, so to keep competitive you almost have to come out with a new phone every 4 months.
    honestly... 6 months is pretty reasonable. 3 months (as it averages now) is pretty absurd. If the new models were in different classes, like say the EVO and the EVO shift... that's one thing. But when you have a replacement in the rumor mill for a flagship phone when the flagship hasn't hit open waters yet.. your killing your possible margin....
    OG Droid Razr Maxx
    Cyanogenmod 11 nightly
    64G SD (until they make a bigger one)

    Samsung Galaxytab 7+
    AOSPA 3.68 (4.2.2 base)
  8. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,709
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Amagine View Post
    honestly... 6 months is pretty reasonable. 3 months (as it averages now) is pretty absurd. If the new models were in different classes, like say the EVO and the EVO shift... that's one thing. But when you have a replacement in the rumor mill for a flagship phone when the flagship hasn't hit open waters yet.. your killing your possible margin....
    6 months would be good, but VZW would probably have to lead that. Problem as I see it, marginally better hardware comes out almost every month, and in 3-4 months a phone struggles to compete in the top-tier.

    It's further complicated by all the different combinations of screen size and w/wo physical keyboard.

    Ultimately the solution is made-to-order phones. In the interim, I'd like to see the keyboard offered as an optional accessory (detachable).
  9. Theme Developer
    bazar6's Avatar
    Member #
    15789
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    683
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    I've honestly hardly ever played with an HTC phone; only twice to put a non-market app on a co-workers evo4G. But I think I may be a contribution to the profits when April-May comes and my 2 year upgrade is available, because like one of the first responses here, I don't like how Moto is locking down and bloating their phones.
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2
  10. Senior Droid
    Yakuzagang5's Avatar
    Member #
    15956
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    236
    Phone
    Fascinate
    #10
    i love how the picture shows that reason they started doing good was because of the nexus one... the nexus one barely sold at all lol
    Samsung Fascinate
    EC01 Debloated
    1.3 GHz VooDoo kernel
    Mix of themes

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New G10 Android Powered Tablet
    By Shadez in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
  2. android powered microwave
    By uddin94 in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 02:19 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 11:19 PM
  5. Android powered microwave
    By qoncept in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Search tags for this page

2010 profit of droid incredible
,
android phone profit margin
,
android phone profit margins
,

android profit margin

,
droid incredible profit
,
htc net profit margin
,
htc profit 2010
,

htc profit margin

,
htc profit margins
,
samsung fascinate ec01 bloated 1.3 ghz voodoo kernel
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+