DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New HTC Phone On The Block... Pictures!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member

The New HTC Phone On The Block... Pictures!

Throughout the years it has become apparent that if you want to see a preview of a new device, sometimes the best place to look is on the streets. The picture above was actually underground in a subway station in Taiwan, and the device is the new HTC flagship Android device. The name? We donít know just yet, but here are a few details. The device doesnít have the usual 4.3 inch screen real-estate like most new HTC devices, so expect around 3.8-4 inches. The processor is also unknown at this point, but reports show that HTC will not get dual-core for some time. Letís hope this will be the first with a dual-core chip from Qualcomm since HTC seems to use them more anyway. The Android version is probably going to be Gingerbread with a nice Sense overlay, but then again, we donít know for sure.

So as far as specs go, we are blind until next month at MWC when this device hits the show-room floor. For now, you can enjoy this picture and maybe even make up your own specs. Donít forget to share the specs you want to see come out of this new phone...

Source: (HTC's 2011 Android flagship spied in Taipei | Electronista)
    Last edited by WenWM; 01-27-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    GSM Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WenWM View Post

Throughout the years it has become apparent that if you want to see a preview of a new device the best places to look is on the streets. The picture above on the other hand was not on a street, but actually underground in a subway station in Taiwan, and the device you ask? Itís the new HTC flagship Android device. The name? We donít know just yet, but here is a little specification run through. The device doesnít have the usual 4.3 inch screen real-estate like most new HTC device, so expect around 3.8-4 inches. The processor is also unknown at this point, but reports show that HTC will not get dual-core for some time, but letís hope this will be the first with such processor from Qualcomm --HTC seems to only use them anyhow. The version of Android is anticipated to be Gingerbread with a nice Sense overlay, but then again, we donít fully know.

So as far as specs go, we are in the blind until next month at MWC when this device should make the show room floor. For now you can enjoy just this picture and maybe even make up your own specs. Donít forget to share the specs you want to see come out of this new phone

The smaller screen size would be the deal breaker for me. More and more, I find myself using my Droid X as my main android phone (I have three - don't ask), and the most compelling reason is it's screen size. The larger screen on the DX just seems...NATURAL. My other two phones have their pluses, but the pure size of the DX trumps them.

My two cents worth...

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    Yea. According to that site, it says its running Gingerbread with some more tweaks to Sense. Looking at the status bar, it seems more Gingerbread-like.

All I know is I can't wait to see whats going on at MWC.

Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Ė Present
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Could this Phone be the New Nexus S phone?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    397 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post

Throughout the years it has become apparent that if you want to see a preview of a new device the best places to look is on the streets. The picture above on the other hand was not on a street, but actually underground in a subway station in Taiwan, and the device you ask? Itís the new HTC flagship Android device. The name? We donít know just yet, but here is a little specification run through. The device doesnít have the usual 4.3 inch screen real-estate like most new HTC device, so expect around 3.8-4 inches. The processor is also unknown at this point, but reports show that HTC will not get dual-core for some time, but letís hope this will be the first with such processor from Qualcomm --HTC seems to only use them anyhow. The version of Android is anticipated to be Gingerbread with a nice Sense overlay, but then again, we donít fully know.

So as far as specs go, we are in the blind until next month at MWC when this device should make the show room floor. For now you can enjoy just this picture and maybe even make up your own specs. Donít forget to share the specs you want to see come out of this new phone

The smaller screen size would be the deal breaker for me. More and more, I find myself using my Droid X as my main android phone (I have three - don't ask), and the most compelling reason is it's screen size. The larger screen on the DX just seems...NATURAL. My other two phones have their pluses, but the pure size of the DX trumps them.

My two cents worth...

-Mike
    I agree. I was thinking to myself as I read the post why phones aren't all 4.3" screens at least. My DX fits in my hand perfectly and I don't have monster hands. When my DX died last week and I was waiting for the replacement, I used my wife's iPhone for a few calls. I was so annoyed at how small the screen was. The keyboard took up half the screen and everything was so small. I doubt I will ever go smaller than 4.3" again.
    -------------------------------
    ē ē ē HTC One M8 ē ē ē
    -------------------------------
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post

Throughout the years it has become apparent that if you want to see a preview of a new device the best places to look is on the streets. The picture above on the other hand was not on a street, but actually underground in a subway station in Taiwan, and the device you ask? It’s the new HTC flagship Android device. The name? We don’t know just yet, but here is a little specification run through. The device doesn’t have the usual 4.3 inch screen real-estate like most new HTC device, so expect around 3.8-4 inches. The processor is also unknown at this point, but reports show that HTC will not get dual-core for some time, but let’s hope this will be the first with such processor from Qualcomm --HTC seems to only use them anyhow. The version of Android is anticipated to be Gingerbread with a nice Sense overlay, but then again, we don’t fully know.

So as far as specs go, we are in the blind until next month at MWC when this device should make the show room floor. For now you can enjoy just this picture and maybe even make up your own specs. Don’t forget to share the specs you want to see come out of this new phone

My two cents worth...

-Mike
    I agree. I was thinking to myself as I read the post why phones aren't all 4.3" screens at least. My DX fits in my hand perfectly and I don't have monster hands. When my DX died last week and I was waiting for the replacement, I used my wife's iPhone for a few calls. I was so annoyed at how small the screen was. The keyboard took up half the screen and everything was so small. I doubt I will ever go smaller than 4.3" again.
    Some of us though feel 4" is the sweet spot and any bigger gets to be too big. They have these phones because not everyone wants a small tablet in their pocket :P

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

-----------------------------------
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MOTO Targa
    This will likely be the droid incredible 2, being announced along side the droid X's successor at the mwc.
    Cheers!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post

My two cents worth...

-Mike
    Some of us though feel 4" is the sweet spot and any bigger gets to be too big. They have these phones because not everyone wants a small tablet in their pocket :P

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    That's EXACTLY what I was going to say lol. I have a Droid 2, and one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to this years wave of new phones is because I want a larger screen (I don't use the keyboard anymore). But the DX screen is way too big for me so 4 inch screen would be perfect.
    Shoot for the moon, if you miss you're still amongst those stars.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Could this Phone be the New Nexus S phone?
    Nexus S is an already-released phone from Samsung. I've played with it in Bestbuy, this isn't it.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Oddly enough, I was thinking why aren't there more phones that have a 3.7" screen. I own a Dinc and I absolutely love the size. I have played around with the DX and find it way too big. I could go to a 4" but never past that. To each their own but to want ALL phones to at least have a 4.3" inch screen is not fair to those who still prefer and are quite content with smaller sized screens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links