Samsung Update Breaks Fascinate Mounting Feature
It seems that not only is Samsung keeping FroYo from us, but apparently the updates they provide take away valuable features. The latest maintenance update for the Fascinate has caused a lot of anger for some. This new fix has broken the ability to mount their device to their computers. This problem seems to affect people using both Mac’s and PC's, and some say it might even cause problems with Linux users as well. Regardless of what you use, you might want this feature enabled again, and until Samsung fixes it… Phandroid has these directions for you.
To view the rest of the steps… Follow the source link.
There’s a way around it if you’re on a Windows-based PC at least. (Side note: Macs are PCs, whether you like it or not.) Download and install this 113 MB V Cast application
. Download an obscure program called ToolLauncher-Bootstap.exe to install some obscure drivers that you’ll need to fix this obscure issue. Then, follow these instructions:
1) Unplug your Fascinate from the computer.
2) Download and install V CAST Media Manager
. During the install process, when you are prompted for “If your phone requires a driver, select it from the list below”, do not select anything. Instead click install and let it finish installing.
2) On Fascinate Go to settings > applications > development and uncheck USB Debugging.
3) On Fascinate Go to settings > USB settings > and check Mass storage.
4) Plug Fascinate into PC and run ToolLauncer-Bootstrap.exe
5) A popup will display in your system tray saying software is available that will help your Atlas (SCH-I500) communicate with your PC. Click Yes. It will now install USB drivers.
Source (Latest Verizon Fascinate Maintenance Upgrade Killed Your USB Mounting? | Android Phone Fans)
Can't even download VCast Manager
Thank you so much for the post on the recent problems with the Verizon upgrade. I am unable to sync to CompanionLink...grrr. However, I tried doing the fix as described and as soon as I try and download the VCast Manager the screen immediately says Internet Explorer cannot connect. There is nothing wrong with the connection. I have tried several times. I even went right to the Verizon site to download and this happened repeatedly. I am besides myself as I need to sync my info. This is crazy! Any help is appreciated.
One Frustrated Droid User