DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Motorola Plans to ship Up to 800,000 Xoom Tablets in Q1

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I think for any pad to be acceptable the key is to have great applications for it. Android doesn't, and I honestly wonder if they ever will.

People talk about Apple having a jump start in apps over Android and while that is true, people who buy iPhones and iPads are paying good bucks for these apps. Now I don't know about you but if I were a good developer (I'm not) I would probably go to where the money is at and I think that's Apple, not Android.

People have to become willing to open their wallets more for the Market to compete with the App Store. I cringe whenever I see a post where someone is saying, "Does anybody know of a good FREE app I can get that will do my laundry and tuck me in at night." Well, that free app is Mommy and may not be available anymore. Pay for decent apps and the Android Market will improve.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I think for any pad to be acceptable the key is to have great applications for it. Android doesn't, and I honestly wonder if they ever will.

People talk about Apple having a jump start in apps over Android and while that is true, people who buy iPhones and iPads are paying good bucks for these apps. Now I don't know about you but if I were a good developer (I'm not) I would probably go to where the money is at and I think that's Apple, not Android.

People have to become willing to open their wallets more for the Market to compete with the App Store. I cringe whenever I see a post where someone is saying, "Does anybody know of a good FREE app I can get that will do my laundry and tuck me in at night." Well, that free app is Mommy and may not be available anymore. Pay for decent apps and the Android Market will improve.
    But that's the thing, a lot of the dev's offer a "free version" of their paid app, which just has an advertisement. I think if they all limited the functionality, so that people would start to pay for the app, then users would be more inclined to pay for something good. That, and there's so many people making knock-offs of everyone else's apps, that the 9.99 version by one dev could be roughly the same as a free app by another, without all the bells and whistles. I have purchased apps, and the ones I purchased come in handy, such as Root Explorer and SetCPU, and NFS is a fun app. It's all about marketing, and the devs have to make the benefits outweigh the cost of the app, especially when, like you said, people don't want to pay someone for their hard work.
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Edit: Sorry, I don't think you said "people don't want to pay for their hard work".
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Rooted Nook color. $249. It has turned out to be an excellent android tablet. I continue to be impressed daily w/ it's performance.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links