DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: [Updated] The Space Themed MMORPG: Vendetta Online Needs You for Beta Testing!

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2046 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Updated] The Space Themed MMORPG: Vendetta Online Needs You for Beta Testing!

The folks over at DroidGamers got an exclusive preview of a new Android Port of a 3D space-themed MMORPG for the Android, called Vendetta Online, by Guild Software. Originally, this game was just for the PC, but the sharp developers at Guild Software decided to create a port for the Android OS.

The developers indicated that it will probably need a Tegra 2 or other dual-core chip to run properly, but they also shared that it might be possible to run it on other Android hardware. A beta release is currently planed for this month if all goes well.

The game is somewhat similar to EVE Online, although not nearly as economy-centered. It's basically a space-ship themed simulator with combat and upgradeable space-vessels. It's even being designed to be cross-platform compatible with the PC version, so you can battle it out with your friends from the coffee shop while they are at home on their PC's. Above is a video at CES of the game-play in action. Looks like another addictive habit to chew through my Android's battery life...

Source: DroidGamers and Vendetta Online
    by dgstorm
    Last edited by dgstorm; 01-08-2011 at 10:21 AM.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Having played VO for a few months, and having looked at EVE pretty closely, I can pretty conclusively say they're not all that similar...

Also, VO has been around for... years... I remember getting frustrated with the tech workers at my university my freshman year because the lag was too bad to really play the game.

EVE is... economy-driven... just sayin'.
    Buy it, use it, break it, fix it.

Links