DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Verizon CES 2011 Press Release Recap

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2031 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Full Verizon CES 2011 Press Release Recap

Here's a huge hunk of juicy stuff from Big Red! They released a recap press release on all the super-tech they announced at CES. I'll give you some highlights, then point you in the direction of the full presser.
    Smartphones

* HTC ThunderBolt (exclusive to Verizon Wireless) – HTC Sense 2.0, Skype mobile™ with video, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 4.3” WVGA display, Dolby surround sound, 8-megapixel camera and HD video recording, wireless DLNA capability.
    * LG Revolution – HD support for streaming, playing and recording video, large 4.3-inch touch screen, Android™ 2.2, video telephony support with front-facing camera and mobile hotspot capability to share a 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
    * DROID Bionic 4G – Android with Adobe® Flash® and HTML5, front-facing VGA camera and See What I See video feature, rear-facing 8-megapixel camera, 4.3-inch HD quality screen, HDMI connectivity, dual-core 1GHz processor, 512 DDR2 RAM.
    * Samsung 4G LTE Smartphone – Android 2.2, Google Mobile services, including Google Search™, Google Maps™ and Gmail™, YouTube™, brilliant 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus touch screen display, powerful 1GHz application processor, HTML5 Web browser, rear-facing 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera to support video chat capabilities, Samsung Social Hub and Media Hub.

Tablets

* Motorola XOOM – 10.1-inch HD 4G LTE upgradable tablet, Android™ Honeycomb, 1080p HD video, Adobe® Flash® Player, front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats and 5-megapixel camera to capture video in 720P HD. Mobile hotspot capability provides connection for up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
    * 4G LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy Tab™ – 7-inch enhanced TFT display with 1024 x 600 WSVGA resolution, Android 2.2, Adobe® Flash® 10.1, 1.2GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird application processor, rear-facing 5-megapixel camera and front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder enable video chat capabilities.
    Wow! Verizon is showering us with goodies this year. Did Christmas come late or early? If they share anything else with us, we'll be sure to pass it on to you guys. Click here for the full press release.

by dgstorm

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    The Thunderbolt has a front face camera? If it does, it's definitely my next upgrade!
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I was expecting much more from Verizon's CES lineup. Only decent phone out of the lot is the Bionic and that is only going to be a decent phone if the bootloader is unlocked and it ships with vanilla android instead of motoblur.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Why should we have to wait so long for a 4G phone? How can you have a brand new network and no phones to put on it?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdj232 View Post
    Why should we have to wait so long for a 4G phone? How can you have a brand new network and no phones to put on it?
    Because it's not just phones on Verizons network? It was just released less than 30 days ago man, take a chill pill. Verizon already has usb modems that connect to 4G LTE.
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    jitter bug
    Wow indeed. A round of craptacular phones for VZW, back to the pre-droid days where verizon trails behind really bad with their phone lineups. Two (maybe 3 if you include LG's phone) have single core processors still, and the only phone featuring dual core has a whopping 512MB of RAM!

That's it, I'm buying an iPhone and going to AT&T. At least that way I'm not getting whatever moto/htc/LG feel like pinching out to VZW.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    still waiting for a stock android Droid phone.. as much as i want the Droid Bionic, Motoblur is a major turn off for me but i'd get a phone in a heart beat with those type of specs
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Verizon is dropping the ball IMO with their lineup.

Looks like AT&T and T-Mobile are gonna have the real 'super' phones for a bit.

Me no likey
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Because it's not just phones on Verizons network? It was just released less than 30 days ago man, take a chill pill. Verizon already has usb modems that connect to 4G LTE.

I agree with him though. It wasnt like this was some suprise. They have known they were launching the new network. They should have had at least one phone ready at or near launch. Not making us wait until q2 whould could be as late as june or july.
  11. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    i wonder if i can use the motorola tablet just with wifi??
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Links