DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Full Verizon CES 2011 Press Release Recap

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Yea.. a slider. I dont want one anymore but I would get one again if it called out to me. Sliders are not obsolete. I miss it on my X for emulators. Playing Tecmo Bowl with touch only controls? An exercise in frustration...

Quote Originally Posted by XKXDISTURBEDXKX View Post
    Ok look, VZW doesnt make the phones, Motorola, HTC, Samsung, LG, ETC make em!
    Verizon was smart enough to grab the D1 when it was offered to them by Moto, NO OTHER CARRIER COULD HANDLE IT. None of then had or HAVE the coverage for it even now! and guess what? t mobile and sprint and at&t can brag about ONE PHONE, WE can brag about the D1, the DX, the D2, the Dinc, and the coverage and the oh so fun and amazing the VZW reps are when you want a new upgrade.
    Verizon loves its customers, it gives them everything they want, MAYBE NOT IMMEDIATELY, geeze....you all expect them to come out with these amazing phones that isnt even their job to make! they SELL THEM, on their NETWORK. They do what they, can and hey? by releasing the Thunderbolt theyve given Sprint a run for their money, and by maybe releasing the iphone they are definitely giving AT&T a run for theirs too! We have phones that can do as much as COMPUTERS people, be thankful for that, instead of complaining about Dual Core, hell, im going for the Thunderbolt, because guess what? My D1 can load this page in 5 seconds, thats already good enough for me as it is but to have a 1Ghz phone with a front facing camera, LOUDER SPEAKERS? (btw i didnt know it got louder than the D1) and giving me a nice kickstand to plop it all down on? is only the more amazing part about it.
    It all comes down to this:
    Verizons got the best phones and coverage
    SPECS ARE DEFINTELY NOT EVERYTHING
    Pick the phone for you! not just the newest most spec-wealthy one
    AND
    We are all on the same side here my compatriots, we have are Droids and love em' too so let THAT run through our threads and posts instead of what we COULD have, lol
    Much love to all of you, shout out to Furbearingmammal for helping me root my first time, to cereal killer, for making the "mecha" sound as amazing as its gunna be, and MOST OF ALL, Thankyou Miami, you are the dealer who supplys us DF members with your drug of constant updates and upcoming Droid Info may we forever be addicted!!!
    Great post....

And reading one hands on with the Thunderbolt using LTE in a hotel they were in....I want LTE. I still need to see how LTE will do in places where Verizon has bad coverage, like where I live n work.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  2. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XKXDISTURBEDXKX View Post
    Ok look, VZW doesnt make the phones, Motorola, HTC, Samsung, LG, ETC make em!
    Verizon was smart enough to grab the D1 when it was offered to them by Moto, NO OTHER CARRIER COULD HANDLE IT. None of then had or HAVE the coverage for it even now! and guess what? t mobile and sprint and at&t can brag about ONE PHONE, WE can brag about the D1, the DX, the D2, the Dinc, and the coverage and the oh so fun and amazing the VZW reps are when you want a new upgrade.
    Verizon loves its customers, it gives them everything they want, MAYBE NOT IMMEDIATELY, geeze....you all expect them to come out with these amazing phones that isnt even their job to make! they SELL THEM, on their NETWORK. They do what they, can and hey? by releasing the Thunderbolt theyve given Sprint a run for their money, and by maybe releasing the iphone they are definitely giving AT&T a run for theirs too! We have phones that can do as much as COMPUTERS people, be thankful for that, instead of complaining about Dual Core, hell, im going for the Thunderbolt, because guess what? My D1 can load this page in 5 seconds, thats already good enough for me as it is but to have a 1Ghz phone with a front facing camera, LOUDER SPEAKERS? (btw i didnt know it got louder than the D1) and giving me a nice kickstand to plop it all down on? is only the more amazing part about it.
    It all comes down to this:
    Verizons got the best phones and coverage
    SPECS ARE DEFINTELY NOT EVERYTHING
    Pick the phone for you! not just the newest most spec-wealthy one
    AND
    We are all on the same side here my compatriots, we have are Droids and love em' too so let THAT run through our threads and posts instead of what we COULD have, lol
    Much love to all of you, shout out to Furbearingmammal for helping me root my first time, to cereal killer, for making the "mecha" sound as amazing as its gunna be, and MOST OF ALL, Thankyou Miami, you are the dealer who supplys us DF members with your drug of constant updates and upcoming Droid Info may we forever be addicted!!!
    Thank You!!!! Very well said!!! You just put it in perspective!!!
    Last edited by Preach2k; 01-07-2011 at 06:06 AM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    From what's being posted by the tech reviews at ces the thunderbolt has 700+ RAM and a 1ghz snapdragon but the ram is ddr and the atrix has 1ghz ddr as well but the bionic is running 512 ddr2 that makes a huge difference as ddr2 is faster a lot faster plus the atrix is set to run a laptop and I think most of its resourses are locked down by the dock app.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    team bamf 1.25
    franco francisco milestone 3 kernel
    love this phone best android phone yet
    custom roms and some apps fixed audio issue nexus is perfect now
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdj232 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdj232 View Post
    Why should we have to wait so long for a 4G phone? How can you have a brand new network and no phones to put on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post

Because it's not just phones on Verizons network? It was just released less than 30 days ago man, take a chill pill. Verizon already has usb modems that connect to 4G LTE.

I agree with him though. It wasnt like this was some suprise. They have known they were launching the new network. They should have had at least one phone ready at or near launch. Not making us wait until q2 whould could be as late as june or july.
    EXACTLY! They have been building the network for 3 yrs. As I'm always praising Verizon's Customer Service I was very surprised with the delay of ANY 4G Phones

I mean for crying out loud T-mobile managed to have a phone out for their 4g launch. Verizon got beat by T-Mobile!!!

See what I mean
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino413 View Post
    From what's being posted by the tech reviews at ces the thunderbolt has 700+ RAM and a 1ghz snapdragon but the ram is ddr and the atrix has 1ghz ddr as well but the bionic is running 512 ddr2 that makes a huge difference as ddr2 is faster a lot faster plus the atrix is set to run a laptop and I think most of its resourses are locked down by the dock app.
    Agree about the RAM. DDR2 will make a huge difference imo.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Already told my company Verizon account rep that I expect to have the Bionic in my hands the minute it launches. Go Droids!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MOTO Targa
    with the accessories already being sold on ebay, I honestly dont see how the 'bolt could'nt launch this month. I mean, whats the point of selling that stuff, if nobody has a phone to use with it all?!
    Cheers!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Ever since my LG Env days, i've never looked at another phone without a keyboard. Well, ok, I HAVE looked, but they keyboard too awesome to pass. the soft KB's and voice type and swype are all cool, but they just can't take the place of real keys you can feel. Just as touch screen controls for games will never replace a controller or KB and mouse. Its just not as accurate. At least for me. I use the phys KB for playing games a lot, one-handed kinde app reading, and typing when I drive, because I can do it mostly without looking since I can feel the keys!

OK, now that I got that out of my system: I can't wait to get an LTE phone with a Tegra 2 chip. Its going to be awesome. Finally front facing cameras and HDMI out seems to becoming standard. if only they had a keyboard.....

Sorry I just cant let it go, lol
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Links