DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Behold the Motorola Atrix 4G

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I saw that clip before, but I looked at it again and paid a lil more attention this time....I thought the webtop only worked with the laptop dock. I see you can connect a keyboard and mouse to the multimedia dock.

That means I could have a decent web experience on my 46" HDTV without connecting my PC to it...

This phone is amazing...
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I saw that clip before, but I looked at it again and paid a lil more attention this time....I thought the webtop only worked with the laptop dock. I see you can connect a keyboard and mouse to the multimedia dock.

That means I could have a decent web experience on my 46" HDTV without connecting my PC to it...

This phone is amazing...
    Bingo, now you see what I see. It truly is. I thought it was a limited, gimmicky thing, but not know. I don't think Motorolla even realize the ramifications for the PC industry this powerful idea they are about to unleash may entail. I am kind of dumbstruck right now.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by rybnik View Post
    Bingo, now you see what I see. It truly is. I thought it was a limited, gimmicky thing, but not know. I don't think Motorolla even realize the ramifications for the PC industry this powerful idea they are about to unleash may entail. I am kind of dumbstruck right now.
    OK, that is pretty slick. But with HDMI out can't you do basically the same thing with user agent on your browser set to computer? The one issue, I suppose, is the keyboard but it doesn't seem that unreasonable that we should see a bluetooth keyboard capability at some point (if it's not out already).
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    This phone is HOT, but the thing that gets me so far is I wish they went with DDR2 RAM and went with Verizon to open, they could have single handedly destroyed iPhone sales with this right here, when this catches on with the public it will be a Juggernaut. Actually it still has a chance if they switch it to Verizon by Q2, but I don't know...but all I can say is that if this was on Verizon day one, my 07' HP Laptop would be on Ebay day two to pay for my peripherals.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    since it's 1GB DDR, do you think 512 DDR2 would be faster on the bionic then?
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
    This phone is HOT, but the thing that gets me so far is I wish they went with DDR2 RAM and went with Verizon to open, they could have single handedly destroyed iPhone sales with this right here, when this catches on with the public it will be a Juggernaut. Actually it still has a chance if they switch it to Verizon by Q2, but I don't know...but all I can say is that if this was on Verizon day one, my 07' HP Laptop would be on Ebay day two to pay for my peripherals.
    I'd say there's a definite possibility of this phone, or another phone with the same capability, coming out the second half of the year. Maybe they learn from some growing pains and in 6mos VZW gets an improved, more powerful Atrix.

Will be interesting to see how this is received. Will people be satisfied with how it performs and what it does, or will they view it as more of novelty? It's cool, but personally wake me up when this thing has two gigs of ram and can run full-blown MS Office from the phone instead of some enterprise server. Although, that might be just what changes the game for WinMo.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    People were speculating on the possibility of something like this, but this soon was a surprise. I wonder if there's any potential for the IPhone 5G to do something like that, although as a possible competitor to the IPad with "dumb tablets" I think not.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iPhone 3G
    I currently have an older unlimited data plan for like $30/month with my IPhone 3G. Can I continue to use that data plan or will they force me to change and limit me to 200mb/2gb? And can I just switch my current Sim Card to the Atrix or will this use a different Sim Card?
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post

OK, that is pretty slick. But with HDMI out can't you do basically the same thing with user agent on your browser set to computer? The one issue, I suppose, is the keyboard but it doesn't seem that unreasonable that we should see a bluetooth keyboard capability at some point (if it's not out already).
    I thought about that too. I wonder what would be the difference between Firefox on the phones in Desktop Mode vs. the full one in webtop mode. What about the other browsers like my favorite, Dolphin?

Something like Hulu. Would it still be blocked by using the browser on the phone?

Yea, someone on Engadget mentioned the Nokia N8 being able to do this already. After I did some digging, u need a USB hub and if you want keyboard n mouse working at the same time one had to be bluetooth. I dont know if both could be bluetooth.

So the bluetooth idea is already out there. Might work here too.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinclfalcons View Post
    I currently have an older unlimited data plan for like $30/month with my IPhone 3G. Can I continue to use that data plan or will they force me to change and limit me to 200mb/2gb? And can I just switch my current Sim Card to the Atrix or will this use a different Sim Card?
    I'm guessing since you'll have to sign a new contract they'll make you get the 200mb/2gb contract..

Does anyone else think with HSPA+ and the Atrix, 2GB is going to be a little hard to stay under? I know I think it might be...
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links