DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Video Editing for your Android Phone

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member

Free Video Editing for your Android Phone

If you are looking for a convenient way to edit videos on your Android phone, XDA Developers has just released a killer app for you called VidTrim. With VidTrim you can trim video clips on your Android. You can also use it to play and delete videos and even save the trimmed version as a new clip or overwrite the original. It may not be 100% compatible with all Android phones as each manufacturer may use their own encoding format and the application cannot handle all of them. It has been tested on a Samsung Galaxy S.

It was developed by XDA forum member neoMJ, and he requests that any issues with other devices be reported back to him, presumably so he can enhance its compatibility across all platforms. You can download it from the Android Market or the following link. For more info or to download it directly check out this forum thread.

Source: XDA Developers

by dgstorm

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Awesome! Its about time we had good editing software!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1, DX2
    Ah! Thanks for posting this. I just downloaded this. I want to try this out with my Droid. Hope it works well.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    it works well on the original droid 1, needs sharing options but that can be done some other way. great little free app
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Works fine on the D-INC..
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Sweet!!! A little more integration into the OS and this is just another great tool to close the gap between Android and iPOS. Though that brings up the question as to why Google hasn't done this on their own.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Sweet!!! A little more integration into the OS and this is just another great tool to close the gap between Android and iPOS. Though that brings up the question as to why Google hasn't done this on their own.
    Why should they? No money in it for them...

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Sure there is. The more feature rich Android is, the more viable an option it becomes to those looking to purchase a smartphone. More Android users means more Market purchases and more AdSense viewers...which means more $$ for Google. ;-)
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimic26 View Post
    Sure there is. The more feature rich Android is, the more viable an option it becomes to those looking to purchase a smartphone. More Android users means more Market purchases and more AdSense viewers...which means more $$ for Google. ;-)
    ^Thank you,
    The more 'native' features the device has the more attractive it is to the masses (specifically the iPOS fannys). Also the less likely using said 'third-party apps' will discourage people or lead to a poor experience for many users.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Not to take from the great work the developer of VidTrim has done (program is working great) but far to many Android Fannys (which are just as bad and annoying as iFannys) are way to eager to believe that 'open source' means that Google can completely ignore core components/functionality and rely on developers to make their system what it should be. There's a HUGE difference between using apps to 'customize' your phone so you can do 'cool things' and having to rely on them to get features that should be standard on a 'smartphone'. Best example of this is the laughable corporate/exchange email but there are dozens of examples. And yes I understand that Android is young by comparison but if they don't change their direction they will have a hard time sustaining their growth. Their competitors just have to 'refine' their products Google has to develop/design, implement and refine simultaneously.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links