Gingerbread is all the talk these days and it's being picked apart faster then any other Android release to date. DroidForums.net member ecsnead69 from Team DC has just released an incredibly cool custom keyboard theme for the Gingerbread keyboard port. His blacked out, "shadow buttons" version of the keyboard is definitely an improvement. You will have to have the original Gingerbread keyboard already installed for this mod to work, and you have to be rooted. Here are some great instructions for you guys to try it out:
- You will need to download the following:
- Original Gingerbread keyboard here.
- ecsnead69's Shadow Button Gingerbread keyboard here.
- ROM Manager - you get this one free from the market
- Upload the .ZIP files to your phones SD card
- Start the ROM Manager and select “Install ROM from SD Card”
- Find the GignerbreadLatinIME.zip file and choose it
- When you see a pop-up, choose the “add zip” button, then select the DarksideBlkGingerKBrev2.zip file.
- Select “OK”
- It's important to create a backup. Then select “OK” again, and that should do it.
If you already have the original Gingerbread keyboard than you can adjust the steps accordingly.
Shout out a thanks to ecsnead69 for his ingenuity and expertise! Follow the support thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...w-buttons.html