We have some great winter weather tips directly from Verizon's Twitter feed to keep you and your Droid safe from the icy clutches of "Old Jack Frost." This is some great advice. It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and Mom used to bundle me up before going on to wreak havok in the snow.
- Keep your phone fully charged. Cold temperatures can rundown the phone’s battery charge more quickly. Use a car charger to keep the phone’s charge if you get stranded or stuck in traffic on icy or snowy roads. Think about an extra battery as backup.
- Handle your phone with care. The display screen can become brittle when exposed to cold temperatures for long periods of time.
- Keep your phone in a warm place; avoid leaving it in an outside pocket or backpack or in the car overnight. When outside in the cold weather, carry your phone in an inside jacket pocket, keeping it close to your body for warmth.
- Remember you can’t dial or access the keyboard on a touch screen with gloves, so consider adding finger flip gloves to your winter holiday wish list.
Also, they included a list of free winter apps you can download from the Market:
- Winter Weather Outlooks – Allows you access to the National Weather Service Winter Weather Outlooks, so you’ll know what kind of winter weather is headed your way.
- How Cold Is It? – A wallpaper that changes color depending on the outside temperature – deep red when it’s hot and icy white when it’s freezing.
- ShoppeHUB – This app allows you to make secure purchases on cold weather gear, including winter clothing.
- Coffee Recipes – Choose from more than 90 easy coffee recipes that will be sure to keep you warm.
Source: Verizon Wireless (VZWNetwork) on Twitter