DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus 2X Official

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

LG Optimus 2X Official

Well, it is officially official! How's that for redundancy? The LG Optimus 2x... the artist formerly known as "LG Star", had it's official press release today, and the first dual-core phone will start hitting Asian and European markets soon. One of LG's many CEO's had this to say, "Dual-core technology is the next leap forward in mobile technology so this is no small achievement to be the first to offer a smartphone utilizing this technology," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO and President of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "With unique features such as HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) mirroring and exceptional graphics performance, the LG Optimus 2X is proof of LG’s commitment to high-end smartphones in 2011."

Man, this phone looks sweet! If any of our members make it out to CES 2011 in January, tell him us "yankees" need some LG Optimus 2x lovin' too! The following is the official full press release:

LG LAUNCHES WORLD’S FIRST AND FASTEST DUAL-CORE SMARTPHONE
    LG Optimus 2X with Tegra 2 Offers Top Multimedia Features for a Better User Experience

SEOUL, Dec. 16, 2010 — LG Electronics (LG) today unveiled the LG Optimus 2X, the world’s first smartphone with a dual-core processor. Along with more powerful multimedia features, the LG Optimus 2X’s high-performance Tegra 2 processor makes for faster, smoother web browsing and applications and lets users multitask with virtually no screen lag.

"Dual-core technology is the next leap forward in mobile technology so this is no small achievement to be the first to offer a smartphone utilizing this technology," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO and President of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "With unique features such as HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) mirroring and exceptional graphics performance, the LG Optimus 2X is proof of LG’s commitment to high-end smartphones in 2011."

Developed by graphics processor powerhouse NVIDIA?, the dual-core Tegra 2 system-on-a-chip found in the LG Optimus 2X runs at a clock speed of 1GHz and boasts low power consumption and high performance for playing video and audio. Users will experience faster web browsing and smoother gameplay compared with single-core processors running at the same speed as well as instantaneous touch response and seamless multitasking between applications.

The LG Optimus 2X offers 1080p HD video playback and recording with HDMI mirroring that expands content on external displays to full HD quality. The LG Optimus 2X can connect wirelessly to any DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatible digital device such as HD TVs for a console-like gaming experience taking full advantage of the phone’s HDMI mirroring, accelerometer and gyro sensor. The smartphone also includes both rear- and front-facing cameras, microSD memory expandability, Micro-USB port and a hefty 1500mAh battery.

The LG Optimus 2X will be available in Korea next month with countries in Europe and Asia to follow. The phone will initially be released with Android 2.2 (Froyo) and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The upgrade schedule will be announced in local markets in due course.

Key specifications:

• 1Ghz Dual-core Processor (NVIDIA Tegra 2)
    • 4-inch WVGA screen
    • 8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD)
    • 1,500 mAh battery
    • 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
    • HDMI mirroring
    • 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording

I think that the marketing folks over at LG must be 'pleasure-delaying' geniuses to make the United States wait on this one... it makes me want it right now even more!

Source: Phandroid
    by dgstorm

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    1st...hot damn, minus the theme, I would totally dive straight into LGs camp! Any word on whether LG locks their phones down much like motorola and HTC?
    CM 6.1.2
    Stock Theme/ADW Launcher
    P3's 1.2ghz LV Kernal
    Quadrant 1709
    Next phone: TBA
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    D1,DX,TB,DB,GNx,GS3,GN2,GS4,N3
    freaking sweet!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    Suddenly my Droid X doesn't seem so cool and hip anymore. Damnit to hell, I hate this industry sometimes....
    In the tech world, if you always wait for the latest and greatest, you will always have nothing.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Korea? Bring that damn phone to America!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    D1,DX,TB,DB,GNx,GS3,GN2,GS4,N3
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
    Suddenly my Droid X doesn't seem so cool and hip anymore. Damnit to hell, I hate this industry sometimes....
    I'm with you there. It's hard to stay ahead of the curve with these things. I love my X, but I'm already longing for a dual core beast.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Very slick looking. I really hope this means the Motorola Olympus on AT&T gets released soon.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted.
    Anyone have an estimated price on this?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Wow that is almost what i want...add the Physical Keyboard and slap a moto/Verizon logo on it and I'm selling blood to get it!

Love the DLNA interface would love to see that on my TV.
    "The" Droid with Liquid, replaced by the RAZR
    Motorola Xoom- stock...for now
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    can Android support dual core?
    Droid 4 fanboy
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links