DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: [UPDATE] Android Market v2.2.6 Released

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stetsonaw View Post
    awesome, glad i could help!

I really like your signature - "A phone that isn't hacked is useless; an unhackable phone is equally useless" - that says it ALL!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    This was not in the 2.2.1 update for my Droid 1. I have Market version 2.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    This is part of the v2.2.1 update that unrooted phones get over the air. My wife has an unrooted Droid 1 and got the new OTA update and has the new market. It's more for rooted phones like mine that don't get OTA updates to the ROM and have to manually update system components such as this.
  3. Jer
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    Quote Originally Posted by jnd121 View Post
    This was not in the 2.2.1 update for my Droid 1. I have Market version 2.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    This is part of the v2.2.1 update that unrooted phones get over the air. My wife has an unrooted Droid 1 and got the new OTA update and has the new market. It's more for rooted phones like mine that don't get OTA updates to the ROM and have to manually update system components such as this.
    I may have misspoke on the version but my wife's phone is unrooted and she has the new market. She doesn't install anything other than OTA updates so somehow she got that.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    For people with cyanogen:

Download the google apps zip from cyanogen's moto droid wiki. In THE GOOGLE APPS ZIP, delete "vending.apk" and replace with the vending.apk for the updated market all over droidforums. Than flash the modified google apps zip via recovery. It works 100%, no FCs. As soon as I am by my laptop I will upload the completed modification zip file, but following the steps above will work.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    This did not work for me :-(

I downloaded the appropriate files and replaced the old vending.apk with the new one and now I don't have access to the market. Do I have to do this on my phone? I tried on my computer and it won't delete the original vending.apk (I'm trying it again).
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Do people using the stock rom (but rooted of course) need to update their store with a different apk or will the one listed in this thread for Cyanogen work?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Codiusprie View Post

Download the google apps zip from cyanogen's moto droid wiki. In THE GOOGLE APPS ZIP, delete "vending.apk" and replace with the vending.apk for the updated market all over droidforums. Than flash the modified google apps zip via recovery. It works 100%, no FCs. As soon as I am by my laptop I will upload the completed modification zip file, but following the steps above will work.

I downloaded the appropriate files and replaced the old vending.apk with the new one and now I don't have access to the market. Do I have to do this on my phone? I tried on my computer and it won't delete the original vending.apk (I'm trying it again).
    Hmm. If your using cyanogen and using a droid then you are doing it wrong. If you are using a different phone then perhaps it is something with the hardware. I can upload the droid's modified market but am too lazy to do it for every phone lol. In any case, just reflash the original google apis zip to get the old market back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

To answer your question. Only if cyanogen is your rom:

1. Download the appropriate google apps rom from cyanogen's wiki. There are different zips for different phones, the one to download is listed in the wiki

2. Inside the zip, before it is flashed, replace vending.apk in system/apps with the vending.apk in this forum. The name needs to be the same after it is replaced. I repeat, do this in the zip, not on your phone.

3. Flash the modified zip via recovery.

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    How do you get this update on the droid 2?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

To answer your question. Only if cyanogen is your rom:

1. Download the appropriate google apps rom from cyanogen's wiki. There are different zips for different phones, the one to download is listed in the wiki

2. Inside the zip, before it is flashed, replace vending.apk in system/apps with the vending.apk in this forum. The name needs to be the same after it is replaced. I repeat, do this in the zip, not on your phone.

3. Flash the modified zip via recovery.

I went back and did it again (I did it right the first time by the way), it took about 2 tries but I eventually got the new market on my phone. Opened it once, got past the EULA and then it force closed, after that I couldn't open it at all, it would just force close. I also am running Cyanogen 6.1 on my Droid so that isn't the problem. Oh well, I will look for other ways to get it on my phone.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Much easier solution is in the Koush sub forum.

Solved. New android market - CyanogenMod Forum

Post #7 has a download link that worked for me. Install like you would a regular .zip if you're rooted running Cyan 6.1.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Links