DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Droid 1 handle Gingerbread?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I have to add I havent ran any custom ROMs on my Droid 1 since getting the X. (I havent ran any on the X either and I had it since July...lol)

I was gonna try MIUI, but just wasnt in to it...Gingerbread will have me pulling out my Droid 1 again to run ROMs.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    Since the release of Froyo my Droid 1's responsiveness has suffered slightly even with trying out different overclocked kernels. I don't expect Gingerbread to increase the responsiveness of my D1 if it is even made available for it. Personally I wish I could put the internal components of the D2 in the casing of my D1 cause I don't like the way the D2 looks. Right now I'm curious to see what FRG83D has in store for the D1, maybe it's Froyo with some Gingerbread crumb topping on it Anyway, I guess us early adopters will have to wait and see... the suspense is killing me
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    OK, I doubt that VZW will release a 2.3 update for the Droid 1. But, if they did, they would prob overclock the CPU. Didn't they do that with the release of 2,2, or have I been running too many different ROMs to keep things straight?? It's very possible lol
    Anyway, if they release it, then i def want to see how it works on Droid 1, but I won't hold my breath. Purple is NOT my color lol
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    Right now I'm curious to see what FRG83D has in store for the D1, maybe it's Froyo with some Gingerbread crumb topping on it Anyway, I guess us early adopters will have to wait and see... the suspense is killing me
    I have been running FRG83D for several days now and it is just bug fixes not much to see.

There is no “hard” processor requirement for gingerbread, It's been repeated several times, moto will decide if we get it. But for my opinion I don't see any reason why we won't get it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    HTC Eris - Droid - Droid 2 - Droid X - iPhone 4 - Thunderbolt - Galaxy Nexus - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - iPhone 5S - Galaxy S4
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer

not the mhz

obviously we know the 550mhz isnt a problem with droid 1 , since most can run at, atleast 1000 just fine. but i have started to find the memory within the droid 1 is very limited and this may be the underlying problem with running gingerbread on the droid 1. I know people (maybe even us) will emulate gingerbreads looks but can it actually be installed well see. But also please feel free to point me to links but i have read alot on gingerbread and seriously i am not seeing whats the i gotta have it part of gingerbread. not including blindtype we all want that and sure it will get ported either way, but what else am i missing?
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    The 1GHz processor requirement was refuted by both Google and the guy who started the rumor. Has this changed and nobody bothered to inform the entire Droid community? Or is this yet another case of PR people being ill informed if not outright moronic?

All I'm going to say about that is PR people reported we'd have 2GHz phones by the end of the year. And that was from Motorola directly.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg1 View Post
    Right now I'm curious to see what FRG83D has in store for the D1, maybe it's Froyo with some Gingerbread crumb topping on it Anyway, I guess us early adopters will have to wait and see... the suspense is killing me
    I have been running FRG83D for several days now and it is just bug fixes not much to see.

There is no “hard” processor requirement for gingerbread, It's been repeated several times, moto will decide if we get it. But for my opinion I don't see any reason why we won't get it.
    I have one symbol for you, and I'm not talking stock terminal emulator.

$

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg1 View Post

I have one symbol for you, and I'm not talking stock terminal emulator.

$

lol What? I don't follow?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    furbearingmammal, oh I got ya lol "over my head" but naa I got in on the testing last week
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links