DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: [UPDATE]Motorola Olympus shows up on camera....again.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I agree with the above 2 posters. In america most are guided. For being the land of the free we really aren't to confident to follow are own paths. In the uk you can pick your carrier and your phone. Here we can but its not easy because every one has a con. Can't get this phone because you have to get that network. This phone is the same network as X, but X wont allow it on there network. Carriers set the rules and we blindy follow. O well all the carriers care about is what makes them$$$ and the government is the same way.

Now back to the phone, can anybody tell if it has a mechanical shutter like the dx on the camera? I mean chances are the Verizon version is the follow up to the X. Id trade mega pixles for quality but I wont step down if the sensor is just some generic POS.

Sent from my DROIDX
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    And still more information slowly leaks out about the Motorola Olympus. Not a bad looking picture - nice color and sharpness. Looks to be a high resolution shot.

Limitless DROID Blog Archive Exclusive: Pictures Taken by the Motorola MB860
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    After 2 agonizing months of researching and waiting for the Merge I have decided to put myself through the same thing for the Etna.

Has there been any pictures of carrier branded phones anywhere? If I recall they all have just been branded Motorola.

It seems like the Etna is going to be Verizon's flagship 4G phone. I live in an area that will not have 4G for atleast another year. Is the Etna going to be compatible with 3G? I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere.

I enjoy checking this thread every 15 minutes or so, and want to keep the conversation going. Thanks.
    Sitting on an upgrade for 3 months now. With no end in sight.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Nexus/Liquid/Imo
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwilson02 View Post
    After 2 agonizing months of researching and waiting for the Merge I have decided to put myself through the same thing for the Etna.

Has there been any pictures of carrier branded phones anywhere? If I recall they all have just been branded Motorola.

It seems like the Etna is going to be Verizon's flagship 4G phone. I live in an area that will not have 4G for atleast another year. Is the Etna going to be compatible with 3G? I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere.
    All LTE phones will be compatible with 3G networks.

I am with you: I have been sitting on an upgrade (from a POS Storm 1!!!) for a while and am waiting for the Etna. I got excited about the DInc HD but HTC and VZW blew it with that one. I am intrigued by the Samsung Stealth but don't like Samsung's flimsy-feeling plastic casing. In any case, I'm hoping by February we'll have lots to choose from. Waiting until March would be hard. Very, very hard.
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creaky View Post

I am with you: I have been sitting on an upgrade (from a POS Storm 1!!!) for a while and am waiting for the Etna. I got excited about the DInc HD but HTC and VZW blew it with that one. I am intrigued by the Samsung Stealth but don't like Samsung's flimsy-feeling plastic casing. In any case, I'm hoping by February we'll have lots to choose from. Waiting until March would be hard. Very, very hard.
    I am hearing that Verizon will be going the same route has Sprint!!! I just hoping it is not true. I am living in a 3G area? The Etna will be my next phone.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post

I am hearing that Verizon will be going the same route has Sprint!!! I just hoping it is not true. I am living in a 3G area? The Etna will be my next phone.
    They're gonna have different data plans for for 4G. Last I heard was Verizon "felt 10GB is what users use [max]" and they were referring to LTE smartphones (don't know about tablets). I'll try to find the article, it was just a few days ago.

Also, I'm not entirely sure about this, but you can choose to keep it on 3G and not get your SIM card so it abides by the 3G plans.

Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    A 10GB plan thats reasonable is more than enough. I assume the average person doesnt use that in a month.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by EgooEspada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post

They're gonna have different data plans for for 4G. Last I heard was Verizon "felt 10GB is what users use [max]" and they were referring to LTE smartphones (don't know about tablets). I'll try to find the article, it was just a few days ago.

Also, I'm not entirely sure about this, but you can choose to keep it on 3G and not get your SIM card so it abides by the 3G plans.
    Ego, I hope you are right. That would be awesome as then I can chose whatever LTE phone I want and only upgrade service when LTE becomes available. I would like more confirmation that this will be the case though....
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Now that we have seen the Verizon branded tablet picture leaked, there should be a Verizon branded Etna picture leak just around the corner... right?

Motorola's 10-inch Honeycomb tablet meets Mr. Blurrycam, shows off Verizon logo -- Engadget
    Sitting on an upgrade for 3 months now. With no end in sight.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Now that we have seen the Verizon branded tablet picture leaked, there should be a Verizon branded Etna picture leak just around the corner... right?

Motorola's 10-inch Honeycomb tablet meets Mr. Blurrycam, shows off Verizon logo -- Engadget
    Hopefully, but idk if we're gonna c anything until on or after CES
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Links