DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android OS 2.1 available for the Droid, use at your own risk!

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member

Android OS 2.1 available for the Droid, use at your own risk!

The Nexus One ROM has been copied and modified to work on the Droid. What does this mean exactly? Well, the Nexus One utilizes the Android 2.1 OS which is newer then what we currently have for the Droid.

If you are feeling particularly bleeding edge and daring you can attempt to put this on your phone, but beware, it's not for the faint of heart. Already there are reports about some people are having difficulties.

If you wish to continue please do a complete backup first and be aware that you could brick your phone, which won't be covered by your warranty.

The following thread has more information on the process (Thanks LosAngeles):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...rom-droid.html
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Dare, Motorota Driod
    Oh My!!!!!!
    Ricky
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Dare, Motorota Driod
    Anyone tried it yet?!?!!?!/
    Ricky
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I cant beilive they would release an update that can brick your phone what the ****.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidSickness View Post
    I cant beilive they would release an update that can brick your phone what the ****.
    this isn't an update that's been approved by Google for release to the masses... it was 'dumped' off the Nexus device.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    this isn't an update that's been approved by Google for release to the masses... it was 'dumped' off the Nexus device.
    So who was realeasing it because I thought that last week this update was being sent out by motorla in the hundreds and than started to see it in the 100,000s for people to download. And than that would make sense. So when would the update 2.1.0 from motorola be released.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    So who was realeasing it because I thought that last week this update was being sent out by motorla in the hundreds and than started to see it in the 100,000s for people to download. And than that would make sense. So when would the update 2.1.0 from motorola be released.
    You have the Nexus "dump" UNOFFICIAL "hacker" Version 2.1 mixed up with OFFICIAL OEM 2.0.1 OTA Update from the "makers"
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    the update on Dec 11th that was pushed OTA was 2.0.1

2.1 is the 'rumored' version that the Jan 22nd update will be. Again... 'rumored'.
    We know there is an update on Jan 22nd but there has been no official word on what version.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, this is not an official release and should not be flashed on to your phone unless you know what your doing. This can brick your phone and will void your warranty.

Having said this - It is my opinoin that if you need to ask what this is then you should be using this.

I have rooted my hone and put the recovery image on my device. Then I restored the 2.1 rom onto my device using nandroid.

I liked this image - I didn't have any problems worth mentioning. The rom is being discussed here.

Just an FYI - I used SirPsycoS recovery and Greeks 2.1 rom, I went from 2.0.1 to 2.1 and back to 2.0.1. I just flashed back (recovered) to 2.1 which I'm going to try and run for the rest of toda.
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Droid View Post
    Okay, this is not an official release and should not be flashed on to your phone unless you know what your doing. This can brick your phone and will void your warranty.

Having said this - It is my opinoin that if you need to ask what this is then you should be using this.

I have rooted my hone and put the recovery image on my device. Then I restored the 2.1 rom onto my device using nandroid.

I liked this image - I didn't have any problems worth mentioning. The rom is being discussed here.

Just an FYI - I used SirPsycoS recovery and Greeks 2.1 rom, I went from 2.0.1 to 2.1 and back to 2.0.1. I just flashed back (recovered) to 2.1 which I'm going to try and run for the rest of toda.

P3Droid,

Do you mind if I use your avatar and add it to the "default" library here for others to choose from?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links