DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rom Development Slow for Droid

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian7 View Post
    I have my suspicions that Droid development is going to be very slow. What's up guys?
    Why have you done nothing?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguychuck View Post
    I thought the latest droid root was not a "full root," and that another root access point will have to be found as new updates come out. It's going to be a bit before things settle down,
    Root is Root.

Future updates could "plug" the exploit we used to access root, that's all. This is why people who care about keeping root have disabled OTA updates.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855
    There was, kind of a rom, released last night over at alldroid, but to me it really wasn't anything impressive. It was based on 2.0, GPS doesn't work and it has the Nexus One boot animation which doesn't even require root to do ?? What really is surprising is that they are still asking for donations.....
    Ummmm did you even look at what the ROM does? The whole point was that they've integrated multitouch from the the milestone system into the Droid. Which means in the browser, pics, etc.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by swm5126 View Post
    There was, kind of a rom, released last night over at alldroid, but to me it really wasn't anything impressive. It was based on 2.0, GPS doesn't work and it has the Nexus One boot animation which doesn't even require root to do ?? What really is surprising is that they are still asking for donations.....
    Ummmm did you even look at what the ROM does? The whole point was that they've integrated multitouch from the the milestone system into the Droid. Which means in the browser, pics, etc.
    Ummmmm yes I did and Ummmmm no it's not that impressive. Multitouch is a cool parlor trick but it is not the end all and be all that some think it is. I personally don't need anything on my droid that reminds me of that apple thing and honestly the custom icons, which are really bad, are the only real changes that i saw. The Nexus One boot animation can be done without root so there's simply not alot of progress here. You should load up that rom and see what you think. I used it for a total of about 15 minutes, didn't like it and moved on.
    The new 2.1 flan port however is very interesting and has some real potential.
    Let me know what you think of it.
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    I dunno personally I think the droid community is doing pretty well. Considering the fact motorola only has two android devices out now, and the droid seems to be their first major one (and major phone in awhile) so I think we are doing well since we started from scratch. Remember sense UI is heavily connected to HTCs hardware so we can't just plop the code onto the droid and expect it to work. And last time I checked you do need root to modify boot animations.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    And last time I checked you do need root to modify boot animations.
    Check again, the phone checks for a "/data/local/bootanimation.zip" before using the default "/system/media/bootanimation.zip".

In other words the animation is easily changed, no root shell needed .. it's barely even hacking.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...imation-2.html post # 20
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Cool thanks for the heads up. If its any consolation its been awhile since I last checked
    Ima go try this now...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    And last time I checked you do need root to modify boot animations.
    Check again, the phone checks for a "/data/local/bootanimation.zip" before using the default "/system/media/bootanimation.zip".

In other words the animation is easily changed, no root shell needed .. it's barely even hacking.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...imation-2.html post # 20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links