DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is MIUI?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Been using this ROM since it first came out. Have tried others and in my opinion this blows them all out of the water. JMO though as I am sure others will disagree. Most ROM's are fairly close to standard with some additionally features, etc. This is a totally different concept.

On battery life, unless I am wrong, another way to calibrate it is to ensure that when you port it the battery is at 100% then let it drain completely (I let mine actually shutoff). From what I have read, this will reset the battery.

App Drawer - If you load this you can in fact use LP or ADW but this IMO sort of takes away the biggest draw to me which is the design of the desktop. Others I'm sure disagree. With the newer version (currently 12.3 - version numbers go by date btw in that they update the ROM every Friday) you can put your apps in a folder and put them in the tray at the bottom. Works almost like an app drawer.

Another cool new feature to this ROM is themes. You can quickly change themes from within the settings menu. Pretty easy and some awesome themes available. I am currently running a Christmas theme.

Finally, the only negative to me is that with the weekly updates I have been redoing my phone almost every week. ROM junkie - I love it.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreeq View Post
    Ok, so I've searched the forums, Googled it, even Wikipedia. I even visited the official MIUI development site. I still have no idea what is MIUI.
    Could somebody lay it out for me, using small words and short sentences? Maybe just start with what does it stand for? Thx y'all-

-from my D1 running LFY v1.95 (today)
    From what I gather, it's iOS for Android. I'm considering trying it out. Currently running cm10.1 and clean rom 6.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Last edited by gunner31; 05-03-2013 at 08:25 AM.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It's a Chinese ROM based off of CM but heavily modified. I have it in my old OG Droid and my old T-bolt, and even though it's a bit laggy on those devices, it really is quite a unique rom with lots of interesting features and customizations. I really wish there was a working Droid 4 version of whatever the latest MIUI is.

Months ago somebody on the D4 forums attempted to port it to the Droid 4, and even in it's pre pre alpha release, with no working WiFi, cellular, camera, you name it...I was still struck by how smooth and well polished it looked and felt navigating through the launcher and such.

Very disappointing that a perhaps more experienced dev never gave a crack it it. But, we can thank Motorola for that.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links