i am using a android g1
and ive followed these steps to root and flash my phone
Once you are running RC29 firmware:
- Format your phone’s SD card to FAT32 mode:
- Hook your phone up to your computer using a USB cable and then wait for the notification to show up in your title bar of your phone.
- Click the notification, and then click “Mount”.
- A new removable disk should show up on your computer. Right click it and select Format, and select FAT32 as the file system type.
- Download and unzip the RC29 or RC7 image file. Copy the DREAMIMG.nbh file to the SD card. (RC29 for US, RC7 is for UK)
- Turn the device power off.
- Hold Camera button, and press Power button to entry bootloader mode. You should see a gray/white screen with instructions to flash your phone with the update on your SD card. If you don’t see that, make sure you followed the instructions properly.
- As per the on-screen instructions, press the Power button to start upgrade procedure. DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS.
- After it is finished, perform the restart your phone.
Now you have root!
- Download recovery.img and copy it to your SD card (see the previous instructions on how to copy from your computer to your Phone’s SD card).
- Download the Hard SPL and copy the zip file to the SD card.
- All files must be on the root of your SD card.
- Restart your phone. Wait for your phone to start up fully and show the home screen.
- After your phone starts up, hit the enter key twice, type “telnetd” and press enter. (Yes, it will start up a contact search, don’t worry. Just type it.)
- Download an Android “Telnet” application from the Market and connect to localhost.
- If you connect successfully, you will have a root prompt “#”.
- Type the following into Telnet (these commands will give you root access easier in the future):
- mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
- cd sdcard
- flash_image recovery recovery.img
- cat recovery.img > /system/recovery.img
i want to install the new chevy ss 4.9
i hav downloaded it
renamed it to update and put it on my sdcard
but when i try to install it on the recovery page
it gives me the error that
E:missing file: system/bin/checkanim
i hav tried installing cupcake 1.5 then installing ss 4.9 but it gives a new error
can som1 help me to install ss 4.9
thank you so much