DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I'm humbled in your presence.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

I'm humbled in your presence.

Hello all, I am relatively new to Droid phones ( 6 months ) and love them! I am somewhat tech/IT proficient and want to do more cool stuff with my Droid than Verizon says I can. I have browsed around a few Droid forums and this one seems to be the most "tuned in". However the more I read the more I realize just how much I don't know :-( Rooting, un-rooting, clocking, hacking, setting CPU..........................? I want to sit next to the smart kid and copy his homework, knaw mean? Where does a guy like me start? I would jump right in but I'm afraid I'll push the wrong button and my phone will vibrate, smoke out and catch on fire or something! Believe me, thats how it goes for me. Everything I learn about IT is often the hard way and the only way I know what NOT to do is cause I efft it up the first go around!?! I recently traded a portable CD player for an HTC incredible ( I know he got hosed ) oh well whats done is done. Anyway I am going to switch from my old droid to the incredible so I can experiment with the old one. I believe my old one is droid 2.0? its stock from the factory. Its big and heavy compared to the Incredible and has a 5mp camera with a slide up key board. Any one want to help me play?
  2. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    haha sureee

my sig contains a lot of links to help you get started on ur learning path if you have any questions feel free to ask
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by T.E.S View Post
    Hello all, I am relatively new to Droid phones ( 6 months ) and love them! I am somewhat tech/IT proficient and want to do more cool stuff with my Droid than Verizon says I can. I have browsed around a few Droid forums and this one seems to be the most "tuned in". However the more I read the more I realize just how much I don't know :-( Rooting, un-rooting, clocking, hacking, setting CPU..........................? I want to sit next to the smart kid and copy his homework, knaw mean? Where does a guy like me start? I would jump right in but I'm afraid I'll push the wrong button and my phone will vibrate, smoke out and catch on fire or something! Believe me, thats how it goes for me. Everything I learn about IT is often the hard way and the only way I know what NOT to do is cause I efft it up the first go around!?! I recently traded a portable CD player for an HTC incredible ( I know he got hosed ) oh well whats done is done. Anyway I am going to switch from my old droid to the incredible so I can experiment with the old one. I believe my old one is droid 2.0? its stock from the factory. Its big and heavy compared to the Incredible and has a 5mp camera with a slide up key board. Any one want to help me play?
    how it gods name did you trade a cd player for a incredible? wtf. lol
    Motorola Droid owner since 7/2/10

Links