DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: how to backup and wipe data?

  1. Droid
    tommyk2005's Avatar
    Member #
    133610
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bayonne,NJ
    Posts
    97
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS View Post
    i think i messed it up now. i did backup then i did wipe data so i can do ultimate droid and now i have none of my apps. did i do something wrong? can i recover to get it back? i dont even have CWM anymore.

    Garrett
    you can d/l your apps from the google store. other apps I have apk`s for need to be installed manually. what you did was wipe all your data. like a format on a h/d on a pc. UD 1.0.0 is excellent. I use the black and bold theme and slayher 1.1ghz lv kernel
  2. Droid
    tommyk2005's Avatar
    Member #
    133610
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bayonne,NJ
    Posts
    97
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk2005 View Post
    hey no problem. welcome me to the forums
    Welcome aboard


    Sent from my Droid
    thanks man
  3. SSpeeDEMONSS's Avatar
    Member #
    117893
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    norwalk, socal
    Posts
    98
    Phone
    Droid
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk2005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS View Post
    i think i messed it up now. i did backup then i did wipe data so i can do ultimate droid and now i have none of my apps. did i do something wrong? can i recover to get it back? i dont even have CWM anymore.

    Garrett
    you can d/l your apps from the google store. other apps I have apk`s for need to be installed manually. what you did was wipe all your data. like a format on a h/d on a pc. UD 1.0.0 is excellent. I use the black and bold theme and slayher 1.1ghz lv kernel
    i currently just recovered because i dont remember my google acccount to get my stuff back after the data wipe. im still not positive on how exactly to download the ultimate droid onto my phone. i assume i need to plug the phone into my computer to do this?

    care to walk me thru it?

    Garrett
  4. Droid
    tommyk2005's Avatar
    Member #
    133610
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bayonne,NJ
    Posts
    97
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #14
    download it on your pc and then put on your sd card (plug usb on pc and droid) select copy files to and from pc. get rom manager free for now, and select install rom from sd card
  5. SSpeeDEMONSS's Avatar
    Member #
    117893
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    norwalk, socal
    Posts
    98
    Phone
    Droid
    #15
    this is after i wipe the data, correct? because if so, then im stuck again. i dont remember the password i setup for my gmail account to log-in to it to get to the market.

    Garrett
  6. Droid
    tommyk2005's Avatar
    Member #
    133610
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bayonne,NJ
    Posts
    97
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS View Post
    this is after i wipe the data, correct? because if so, then im stuck again. i dont remember the password i setup for my gmail account to log-in to it to get to the market.

    Garrett
    yeah you need your account details. go into gmail. you should see your account name do not know about the password
  7. SSpeeDEMONSS's Avatar
    Member #
    117893
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    norwalk, socal
    Posts
    98
    Phone
    Droid
    #17
    ok, my retardedness has resided for now. im going to try the wipe again and see if i can figure it out.

    Garrett
  8. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #18
    Before you wipe data/cache again make sure you have the .zip file for the rom on the root of your sd card. Right after you wipe you can flash the new rom and then reboot

    Sent from my Droid
  9. SSpeeDEMONSS's Avatar
    Member #
    117893
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    norwalk, socal
    Posts
    98
    Phone
    Droid
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Before you wipe data/cache again make sure you have the .zip file for the rom on the root of your sd card. Right after you wipe you can flash the new rom and then reboot

    Sent from my Droid
    wait, what? now how do i do that?

    is that "apply sdcard:update.zip"?

    Garrett
  10. Premium Member
    huskerkate's Avatar
    Member #
    63787
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,665
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    #20
    hey, welcome aboard!! first post is helping somebody out - exactly what this forum is all about - nice job!! i hope you stick around, and stay involved!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk2005 View Post
    hey no problem. welcome me to the forums
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch


    "Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
  2. when restoring to a previous nandroid backup, do I need to wipe data/cache?
    By velocity92c in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
  3. not sure if I want to data wipe so... best 2.0.1 ROM?
    By iMpathetic in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 01:52 PM
  4. factory wipe without backup, oops
    By droidboy1 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 11:46 PM
  5. Restoring data after a data wipe?
    By calicocal in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 09:16 PM

Search tags for this page

android backup and wipe
,
android backup wipe
,
android wipe backup
,

backup and wipe android

,

backup lg vortex

,

how to back up lg vortex

,

how to backup lg vortex

,
lg vortex back up data
,
lg vortex backup
,
lg vortex data backup
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+