DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Installing Cyanogenmod 6 just for a theme

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Installing Cyanogenmod 6 just for a theme

Ok. This thread, I believe, belongs here. But perhaps not. I'm just so confused.

As some of you may know, I made a thread not too long ago, frantic because I attempted to install this theme: [Theme] xTheme (Droid X) for CyanogenMod 6

However, I got stuck at a boot animation loop. The entire point of me installing a custom ROM is to get that theme. I want it badly. But between the Google Apps download not working in ROM Manager, and me being ignorant with installing themes, I need advice and maybe help.

Is it worth it to try installing Cyanogenmod again just to use this theme? Installing the ROM, ATTEMPTING to get Google Apps, and ATTEMPTING to install the theme again.

The reason this is in the help section is because if a majority thinks I should, I would need links, quick tutorials on how to get the theme working.

I'm sorry for only making threads asking for help, but it's needed. When I get everything sorted out, I'll start being a helpful member of the forums.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    I wonder if it's worth it to you as well, since you say "ATTEMPTING to get Google Apps". You just started this thread here today about google apps to which I gave a reply less than 40 minutes before you started this thread. Did you get that issue fixed?

I think you should tackle one thing successfully at a time. Besides, there are ways to take the stuff out of that theme and put it on any rom if you know what you're doing, but before you ask me, don't. Explaining how is WAY above my current pay grade, lol.

good luck
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    I wonder if it's worth it to you as well, since you say "ATTEMPTING to get Google Apps". You just started this thread here today about google apps to which I gave a reply less than 40 minutes before you started this thread. Did you get that issue fixed?

I think you should tackle one thing successfully at a time. Besides, there are ways to take the stuff out of that theme and put it on any rom if you know what you're doing, but before you ask me, don't. Explaining how is WAY above my current pay grade, lol.

good luck
    Haha, well, I was gonna try that out if people thought I should retry this. I guess I have a backup of everything so it won't hurt to try again...
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    I am going throught the exact samething you describe for the same reasons. I just started but I will keep you posted. I am sure we are not alone.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew211 View Post
    I am going throught the exact samething you describe for the same reasons. I just started but I will keep you posted. I am sure we are not alone.
    Check the other thread that teddy linked to; there's an answer on there for getting the Google app pack.

Links