DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid on Metropcs, internet,mss was working now its not!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid on Metropcs, internet,mss was working now its not!

My Droid is on Metropcs and the internet,mss was working and now it suddenly stopped as of 10/10/10. Ive tried everything and can't get it to work. I heard metropcs switched to 4g internet and mss and internet no longer works for smart phones. The rumor is the password metropcs no longer works and that somehow someone figured out how to get mss and internet to work again on smartphones.

Can anyone confirm this?

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    yes, my Moto Droid 2 flashed to Metro PCS was working until last weekend in SFO, CA area (with MMS, GPS, internet, etc). starting Saturday everything stopped except for calls and sms. and when i called up the guy who flashed, confirmed that Metro PCS had stopped it due to equipment upgrade. later on searching in google, i found that Metro PCS changed the web access code and you need this code which is dependent on your MEID or ESN No. i have got the code but i cannot get into my phone with my EPST code which is ##778.

can any gurus here help me how to get into Droid 2 programming? I am trying ##778 and it does not do anything. Is it different for metro PCS for moto Droid 2
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    i created an account just to post the same question. my web stopped working a few days ago too. and someone sent me a pic txt msg and i cant download it.
    sigh. only had this phone flashed a little over a month.
    so think therell be a fix for this? or is it just money down the drain right now?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Same here, Ive only had me phone on for 2 weeks. I'm glad I hacked it myself and didn't pay someone or I would have been more pissed.

There is a way to turn the mss and internet back on but I don't know anyone who knows how to do it. Some of the people that say they can are just scammers, so watch out. Anyone out there know how to do it? I'll call my guy that does ESN hacking and see if he can do it.

I have the regular droid and to change settings you go to voice dialer and say open apn. That lets you change apn settings.
    Last edited by cloner; 10-12-2010 at 05:23 PM.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Hi cloner,
    Good that you could crack it. I am not able to open APN or ##778. can you imaging how much frustrating it is to see spending $$$ on device and $$$ flashing and just working for 2 weeks and i have wasted yesterday complete day yo fix it and could not get in even when i have the password (yes., i paid to get the password based on ESN. not sure if it works). Can you tell me if there is a way and how to access to input this password?

i even installed QPST and QXDM but both of them says no phone. i have lost half of my hair since yesterday. see if you can help me.

thanks in advance.

regards,
    James.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Your doing it wrong. I finally figured out how to get the internet,mss working.
    Here's how you do it on an a regular Droid flashed to metropcs. This should work on other phones as well I just don't know how to work the settings on other phones.

Download this with all the files you need: http://rapidshare.com/files/42534566...et_mss_fix.rar
    Turn off wifi on your phone.
    Take your SD card out of your phone.
    Download HW virtual Serial Port.
    Download QPST
    Install the moto drivers

Go to Android - whiterabbit.org and put in your MEID/ESN.
    Now press calculate. You'll get a 6 digit code, which is your MSL number.

On your phone go to the dial pad and press ##program then enter SPC 000000 Now change your SPC to your MSL number.

Now go to the voice dialer app on your phone and say," OPEN APN" Now go to PASSWORD and change that to your MSL number.

Turn off your phone or take out the battery. Hold down the "T" button, Now turn it back on.

Plug your Droid into the computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port.

Make sure you have motoconnect drivers before you continue.

In HWVS first login and set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port you wish or the one it finds. use and click Create COM.

Open QPST configuration and go to IP server tab. Select Use specified IP address and put in 192.168.16.2 port tab. Now go to ports and click Add New Port. Now select a port till you get one that shows your phone. When it works you'll see COM3 Enabled COM3 SURFQSC6055 (NAND... I'm using COM3 as an example because that's the port on my computer.

Now go to Start Clients, click it and go to SERVICE PROGRAMMING and click that.

Next you'll get a screen that says" Phone selection" press ok. Now wait for a screen that says,"SURFQSC6055 (NAND), online it may take 10 or 20 seconds for the screen to show up.

Now on this screen find the right arrow and click till you see a tab that says 1x/HDR Security. Click the tab that says" read from phone". Now it will say Enter service programming code. Now enter your 6 digit MSL to unlock it. Press ok and wait till it finishes reading your phone.

Now go to the PPP Config tab. Click UM and go to password and put in your 6 digit MSL. Now click AN and go to password and put in your 6 digit MSL.

Now click WRITE TO PHONE tab and your done. Your phone will reset and you can now click off the programs.

Your MSS and Internet will now be working again!
    Last edited by cloner; 10-16-2010 at 05:53 AM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    how do i flash my Droid 1 on MetroPCS by myself for free?
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    cloner,
    thank you, thank you and thank you. yes, thats exactly how it worked for me. you are awsome. and whiterabbit.org info too is correct.

but i have a new problem. after saving and rebooting, the phone continuously rebooting. after googling sometime, i could cleare the data (password that i set) and this time the rebooting stopped. i remember sometime back when i was playing, i accedently set the http proxy settings (by going into ##7764726) i think this is conflecting with the loging / password. now i am unable to clear the http proxy settings and i could not seem to find it in QPST. where and how can i clear this data?

thanks in advance.

Regards,
    James.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APN” and click open
    Set everything up like this.

Name: metropcs
    APN: internet
    proxy: wap.metropcs.net:3128
    port: 3128
    username: 10digit#@mymetropcs.com
    password: your 6digit mls number
    server: wap.metropcs.net
    mmsc: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    mms proxy: wap.metropcs.net
    mms port: 3128
    mmc: 310
    mnc: 004
    auth type: not set
    apn type: not set

Also make sure when you went into ##7764726 that you have data calling enabled.
    Last edited by cloner; 10-13-2010 at 05:07 AM.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Cloner,
    Sorry my Moto Droid 2 does not have "Open APN”. when i say "Open APN” it opens everying else. also when i go to ##7764726, i have a menu of 10 items starting from

01 user activation
    02 akey
    03 extended NAM
    04 vocoder
    05 sid/nid pair
    06 mobile pair
    07 test mode
    08 data call settings --> i realised that when i am enabling this, the phone continuously reboots
    09 sms/mms settings
    10 http proxy settings --> this the where i set the below details
    11 proximity sensor
    12 cmas test settings

http proxy: wap.metropcs.net
    http port: 3128
    user name: my10digit@mymetropcs.com
    password: 6digit mls number

earlier, i did not have these 4 details. but still i used to get internet / mms and everything. i entered them when i saw while googling. and now i cannot remove those to role back. 2 days ago, when i entered these details, and rebooted, the droid went into continuous reboot. so as to stop this continuous reboots, i disabled "data calling" and wifi.

please, how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    James
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Links