DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new to forum have question

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    a855

new to forum have question

ive been reading try to figure the rom deal out i bought a rooted droid 1 a little while ago been working great except for battery life makes it from 7:30am to 5:30pm before it goes dead well this is whats installed in my phone right now

andriod version -2.2
    baseband version- c_01.3e.03p
    kernal version -2.6.32.9-g103d848
    build number- voles-userdebug 2.2 frf57 38829 test-keys

is this a good version to be running or has there been a upgrade? and of all this does it say how fast the cpu is running ?id like to be running at lease 900 or 1g im searching but havent found anything to answer my question thanks in advance

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Looks stock, aside from the root access.

The next step for you would be deciding what you want to do, and the options are endless. You can overclock and leave it stock, flash a 3rd party ROM and then OC, etc.

Do some reading, learn a bit about the process of flashing ROMs (detailed in stickies all over the place), and start trying some ROMs.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    a855
    thanks for the reply ltken what would help me out with battery life i heard people saying setcpu app will overclock and save battery is that tru?
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Use root explorer to review the build.prop file and see how often it pings for wifi access. I changed mine from every 15 seconds to every 90 seconds and leave wifi on all day long with good battery usage. There are some build.prop threads out there.

By using setcpu you can also gain battery life. If you don't use the phone constantly then you can lower the cpu speed while in sleep mode to a lower speed than stock then ramp it up when you hit the power button to wake the phone up.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  6. cdexsw
    what would help me out with battery life i heard people saying setcpu app will overclock and save battery is that tru?
    yep its true. if setup correctly it can prolong your battery life throughout the day.

check out the links below. if you need anything feel free to post/ask.
    Setcpu
    OverClocking 101
    Rom Manager- What is & How to
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    in looking at your setup, there are quite a few roms in here that have been updated from the 2.2 version you've got, including some roms built using the 2.2.1 code.

also, i noticed that your baseband is not the latest one - it is now C_01.43.01P. if you search around on here, you'll be able to find some links for dl'ing the latest baseband (in fact, in most roms, the new baseband is included). maybe start in the Bugless Beast section, or on pete's website.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmokey24 View Post
    thanks for the reply ltken what would help me out with battery life i heard people saying setcpu app will overclock and save battery is that tru?
    You may want to get a replacement battery. I got my droid when it first came out, and after almost a year, the battery just doesn't last as long regardless of ROM. Not saying this is the case for you, just a heads up.
    btw you can get a new batt for $10-$30.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    a855
    great thanks huskerkate!!!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    a855
    and also i for got i have a hava titanium hd wifi and i read that after the 2.2 update the only app that worked for that went down (testtube) is there any update that i havent seen
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmokey24 View Post
    ive been reading try to figure the rom deal out i bought a rooted droid 1 a little while ago been working great except for battery life makes it from 7:30am to 5:30pm before it goes dead well this is whats installed in my phone right now

andriod version -2.2
    baseband version- c_01.3e.03p
    kernal version -2.6.32.9-g103d848
    build number- voles-userdebug 2.2 frf57 38829 test-keys

is this a good version to be running or has there been a upgrade? and of all this does it say how fast the cpu is running ?id like to be running at lease 900 or 1g im searching but havent found anything to answer my question thanks in advance
    to the forum. You've gotten some pretty good replies and I'll expound on them. I can't answer your last question, but as LtKen said, it looks to be stock, so your current kernel is not an overclocking kernel. As husker said, your current build is not the latest, neither is your baseband, but you've got a ways to go yet.

First off, before you go further is to determine if there is a custom recovery image on your phone, and if so, which one? I am almost sure there is, so turn off your phone. Then slide out the keyboard and hold down the 'x' key. Thne press the power button while sitll holding down the 'x' key and then describe to us what you see.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links