DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Win 7 & Rsdlite detecting probelms resolved.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1

Exclamation Win 7 & Rsdlite detecting probelms resolved.

Ok so im new to this site I mean as in registering and posting a thread, anyways I just wanted to post a thread About rsdlite4.6 and win7 having problems being able to detect my Droid1 so I went about the internet and found many useful guides on downgrading frg22d to frg01b and found I would need a couple of tools to aid me in quest for root! First I downloaded the famous RSDlite program and then the drivers for it.
    Here is the 32 bit driver
    http://server11.hosting24.com/~rootzwik/Root%20Files/MDroid/USB_Drivers_32_bit_4.2.0.zip
    Here is the 64 bit driver
    http://server11.hosting24.com/~rootzwik/Root%20Files/MDroid/USB_Drivers_64_bit_4.2.0.zip
    Here you will find RSDlite 4.6
    http://server11.hosting24.com/~rootzwik/Root%20Files/MDroid/RSDLite4.6.msi

Ok so on with the story...

I had just got my new replacement phone from assurion and well it came stock with frg22d So me loving my root access went away trying to figure out how to get back to frg01b so I could have easyroot root my phone and get my wifi tether back and all that good stuff root gives u.
    So there I was for like 6 hours trying to get rsdlite to work on my win 7 64bit but could not get it to detect my droid at all so I tried my stepdads winvista and voila it worked, so I used rsd to to get SPRecovery on my D1

SPRevovery
    http://server11.hosting24.com/~rootzwik/Root%20Files/MDroid/SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf
    to flash a custom recovery so I could flash one of my nandroid backups I had on my sd card, so there I go trying to flash back to one of my old backup fgr22d with root rom so spr does its thing and im stuck at the ultimatedroid bootloop so I thought no biggie ill just go back into recovery and flash another rom, then im stuck at m logo plus I dont have the winvista pc anymore, just my win7 laptop.

There I am for hours messin around with sprecovery tool trying to get the phone to at least start but to no avail i was frustrated I decided to try rsd on my win7 and after looking up on countless forums saying to try to run on admin or try Config>first come first serve, nothing! I was about to give up but then I right click on rsdlite icon on my laptop and check some properties I go to compatibility tab then check "Run this program in compatabilitity mode for" then it gives you a list of win95,win98,win2000,winxp and so on.. so I pick the winxp service pack3 then go Privilege level check run as administrator press apply then ok.

Then back to rsdlite and with my phone on connected to usb cable on the laptop, then I power off the phone then power back holding the up button on d pad and power button for like 3 to 4 sec then let go and it takes into bootloader then to my amazement phone has been detected in rsdlite! for a minute I was panicking there I thought I was bricked but thanks to some patience and not giving up I was able to run the necessary .spb file

If u just want to go back to stock FRG01b to return your device to Verizon just run this in RSDlite
    VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01 .spf
    http://www.wikifilez.com/Root%20File..._UPDATE_01.sbf

In rsdlite it took like 15 to 20 min then rsdlite rebooted my phone as soon as it came on I held the up button on d pad on my D1 then had message on rsdlite and had said pass on the progress bar also said it was safe to reboot the phone so went ahead and pulled the usb cord restarted phone and held my breathe until it passed the M logo and their I was on FRG01b at last
    Just passing on something I learned the hard way in case anyones having issues with rsdlite on their windows7 platform I know how frustrating it could be it took me a while to figure out but I think the detecting issues should be solved if you follow this guide.
    Last edited by tony702; 10-08-2010 at 05:39 AM.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    no replys i guess thiss only worked for me....
    Last edited by tony702; 10-08-2010 at 03:40 AM.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    I don't think anyone read the whole thing because you have trouble puncuating.
    But it is good information, thanks!

-Droid Does

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    good info tony, hopefully this will help some people out, but you don't have to downgrade to root, use link 3 in my sig to root FRG22D.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunder
    thats great you were able to figure it out. I might have given up after all that. I am very curious as to why some windows 7 computers play nice with RSD and others are nothing but headaches. I rooted following motocache1's method on my windows7 64bit without any issues at all. that was after reading the thread full of everybodys pain trying to use windows 7. anyway congrats on figuring it out.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have tried two computers both running windows 7 64 bit. I have installed Motorola 64 bit drivers and rsd lite 4.6. I have tried several permutations of windows compatibility XP SP2 & SP3 as well as Vista, but rsd has not recognized my phone. I enabled the program to be run by an administrator and tried the different device ID methods, but no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Unfortunately, it seems like the implementation of the USB "standard" is often times anything but "standard". One thing to try if nothing else works is to use the rear USB ports and not the ones on the front panel of the PC.

Links