DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Wireless tether for ps3

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

Wireless tether for ps3

I have 2.2 and would like someone to help me with the wireless tether app, iam rooted but my ps3 does not detect the signal is there anything I missed that I need to do or install. I have played call of duty modern warfare 2 using my 3g hotspot with little to no lag the worst it has ever gotten is about a 1 second delay (that only happened once ) so if anybody has an answear or suggestion please help. Thanks
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    have you tried connecting other internet devices to it? like a laptop?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Sorry but I forgot to mention that I don't have computer/laptop the way I rooted my phone was by using the terminal emulator. Won't be getting a laptop any time soon ( hopefully on christmas I'll get one ).
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    OK. What I was getting at was wondering whether it was just the PS3 that had problems and you were able to connect with other devices. Anything else you can try? Any buddies have a laptop you can try to connect with? Just to validate the wifi is working?

Also - was it working previously? You said it was connected to the hotspot but was that with the stock verizon function?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I just connected with the 3g mobile hotspot with my DX and works fine its just that when I scan for connections the app doesn't show up so now that I verified it is not the ps3 what could it be?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    /\/Ex|_|S
    Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun View Post
    I have 2.2 and would like someone to help me with the wireless tether app, iam rooted but my ps3 does not detect the signal is there anything I missed that I need to do or install. I have played call of duty modern warfare 2 using my 3g hotspot with little to no lag the worst it has ever gotten is about a 1 second delay (that only happened once ) so if anybody has an answear or suggestion please help. Thanks
    The playstation3 will not detect ad-hoc networks, and that is what all the wireless tether apps use for a connection. Your best bet is to just bridge the connection from your laptop to your PS3 with a Cat 5 two way eithernet cord. You will have to have excellent 3g service for this to work good though.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by rctp10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun View Post
    The playstation3 will not detect ad-hoc networks, and that is what all the wireless tether apps use for a connection. Your best bet is to just bridge the connection from your laptop to your PS3 with a Cat 5 two way eithernet cord. You will have to have excellent 3g service for this to work good though.
    Sorry no laptop or computer. Using DX for internet access.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    /\/Ex|_|S
    well then i guess you are out of luck unless you wanna pay verizon for the 3g mobile hotspot witch will act as a wireless network, but at this point there is not an app to due wireless tether without it being ad-hoc, witch a ps3 will not detect.
    The only thing that could be done is for someone to load the drivers for the droid on the ps3 and then due a usb tether, but you would have to be running a linux version of ps3 or some sort of mod version.

Links