DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Advice for which custom rom to use

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8

Advice for which custom rom to use

My brother in law has a Droid 1 and wants me to root it. He also wants it faster. Does the CyanogenMod ROM overclock? I figure 1Ghz is a safe number for his phone. What is a good ROM for a blur free Froyo, overclocked and whatever else optimizations out there?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    If he wants fast and smooth. Look into the PROJECT ELITE rom with a 1.1 ghz slayer Kernal..Im scoring in the High 1500- low 1600's with it and its the smoothest rom i have ever used and the Dev has more to come..

But its One of the Best roms out threre right now ImO and i have tried them all..Have a look!
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    you can overclock pretty much any rom, if you flash another kernel. some roms have a 1000 ghz kernel as stock; others have an 800 and you have to install a different kernel if you want more.

as for recommendations for a "good" rom, i'll give my stock (no pun intended) answer: they're all good. but, different roms work differently on individual phones. so, finding a "good" rom comes down to trying out different ones, and finding the one or two (or three or...) that works the best on your phone, and has the features that you, personally, like.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    you can overclock pretty much any rom, if you flash another kernel. some roms have a 1000 ghz kernel as stock; others have an 800 and you have to install a different kernel if you want more.

as for recommendations for a "good" rom, i'll give my stock (no pun intended) answer: they're all good. but, different roms work differently on individual phones. so, finding a "good" rom comes down to trying out different ones, and finding the one or two (or three or...) that works the best on your phone, and has the features that you, personally, like.
    I couldn't have said it better.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drizzoid
    I know this sounds typical, but CyanogenMod v6 is pretty good clocked with a 1250mHz low-Voltage kernel. But even then, HuskerKate is pretty much right. All Roms are meant for different kernels, and it honestly comes down to having fun with your phone, flashing a bunch of roms with different kernels. Can take a long time, but you'll get lots of experience in the long run. Happy Romming!

Links