DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't like 2.2 update... help please!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Exclamation Don't like 2.2 update... help please!

I hate Froyo update. I bought the Motorola Droid because I liked the OS and the apps. Doesn't matter I want to go back to 2.1. I have rooted my phone and done nothing else (SirPsychos).

Now, I want revert back to 2.1. How do I do that??
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I was the same way, never rooted with 2.1 because I was happy with the phone the way it was. After 2.2 I started to hate my phone so I decided I would root and rom to keep me from throwing it. I started with Bugless Beast v0.4 and the smoked glass theme and was blown away. It was like a brand new phone. Its been about a month and I've tried all kinds of roms and love looking for new ones. Right now I'm using Bugless Beast v0.5 with the Black and Bold theme and its pretty sweet. Try it, you won't be sorry!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    you can use link 2 option 5 to go back to 2.0.1 then manually take the ESE81 update file from the Rescue Squad Files to get 2.1

then install a recovery or an older ROM thats on 2.1..
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Alright wilder that sounds great.

That's all good too Abe except I don't know how to do any of that...

So if I have 2.2 and my phone is rooted, if I do the Bugless Beast, does it only change the look of the phone OS or does it change the capabilities too?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Bugless beast won't change the look much at all. It will overclock you to 800 mHz as well as streamline everything. It adds a few tools in the app drawer too. Add a theme for a cool look.

I had a friend that walked me through my first one and it was pretty easy. Search out a good guide on here and go to work. I will have to reccomend Clockwork recovery instead of SPrecovery just for the fact that you can flash a rom without having to rename it to update.zip. Once you get Clockwork going you can do a Nandroid backup from Clockwork and save your current setup and go back to it anytime you want. I have a nandroid backup from when I was on Bugless Beast v.04 and have used it a few times after trying a rom and not liking it. My phone would be back to the way it was in 5 minutes flat.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Upon thinking about it I think I used "Universal Androot" to root, then "Rom Manager" to install clockwork recovery. I installed "Titanium Backup" which will make a backup of the apps you have installed now. Rom manager will install roms for you but I prefer downloading them myself and filing them for future reference on the sdcard. When I want to install a rom I turn off my Droid then I hold X and then hold the power button at the same time till I see the M logo then I let go and it will boot into clockwork recovery. From there I can select my directory and rom that I want to flash. I always plug in my wall charger once I get into clockwork so I don't lose power.

I'm sure there is a step by step guide but I just thought I would tell my way so maybe it will start to make sense to you. I was very intimidated at first but now its easy.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooiiid
    What about 2.2 do you dislike? Fixing or modifying things in 2.2 is a much better route than reverting to a slower and less capable OS.
    LiQuID GinGeRbReAd 2.3.4
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Install a stock, rooted 2.1 ROM.

Not sure why you hate 2.2 so much.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    If your work or university have WPA2 Enterprise based wifi encryption you'll find that 2.2 will no longer connect to them reliably. But I'm happy with 2.1 right now.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tameone View Post
    What about 2.2 do you dislike? Fixing or modifying things in 2.2 is a much better route than reverting to a slower and less capable OS.

I hate that they took the slide up App Menu function away, why would you do that? That's what made Droid different from all the other android phones... and I hate the new messaging app. It was so simple. It displayed the persons name and picture at the top and lines of text at the bottom. Now I have to put a picture up so a grey android guy won't drive me crazy and it displays like 70% less conversation. I haven't noticed much different in OS speeds of functionality. Besides communication, I just run basic apps like Notes, Mileage, Flixster, LogMeIn... nothing demanding.

So yeah, I haven't done anything still 2.2, it wouldn't mind just getting the 2.1 messaging and menu scheme if you know what I mean. . .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links