DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Root problem

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Root problem

Hello everyone,

I looked around all morning and couldn't find a similar post, so time to ask!

I was trying to root my phone using the "Root droid 1 regardless of OS" guide and now my phone isn't working. I'm not sure if I didn't copy the update.zip file right or what, but I'm stuck in boot loop most of the time and the LED light is red. When the phone makes it out of boot loop, it opens up the activation screen only to force close a few seconds after it gets there.

I cannot mount the phone to access my SD card.

When I tried to install update.zip from sd card using sbf recovery, It would go about half way and then I would get an error but now its just saying that it can't mount the SD card (sorry, I cannot get the error message it was giving me earlier)

I do have SBF recovery installed on my phone and that is the only thing I can access.

What do I do? Thank you very much for your help.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey407 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was trying to root my phone using the "Root droid 1 regardless of OS" guide and now my phone isn't working. I'm not sure if I didn't copy the update.zip file right or what, but I'm stuck in boot loop most of the time and the LED light is red. When the phone makes it out of boot loop, it opens up the activation screen only to force close a few seconds after it gets there.

When I tried to install update.zip from sd card using sbf recovery, It would go about half way and then I would get an error but now its just saying that it can't mount the SD card (sorry, I cannot get the error message it was giving me earlier)

I do have SBF recovery installed on my phone and that is the only thing I can access.

In SPRecovery, do a wipe of both the cache and the data and that should fix your issue.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It didn't work. Still doing the same thing :-(
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey407 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Same thing happened to me (exactly) go download a ROM (I used the lithium mod on these forums) and that will solve your problem. Let me know if that works!

Links