Recently I created an all encompassing Autoit script for my ex-girlfriend. This script simply included RSD, Motorola Drivers, SPRecovery, and The stock ESD56.sbf. I made it for her so that she could follow the automated steps to install everything she needed and flash SPRecovery. Then it directed her how to perform a nandroid backup, and then flashed the ESD56 stock ROM on her phone. She wanted to do that to backup and wipe her old busted phone before mailing it back to Verizon.
So here is my proposal. I am thinking about creating another one for the beginners in rooting. It would run on Windows XP and later and be fully self contained. Initially I will write it to perform the steps I prefer to use.
Once I have that process down, I can expand the app to include more options like different ROMS, or different rooting methods.
- Install Motorola Drivers, if not already done
- Install RSDLite, if not already done.
- Flash to stock FRG22D
- Flash SPrecovery (MotoCache's version)
- Then step through update.zip'ing a rooted ROM (stock FRG22D or Sapphire v1.1.1 initially)
Here are my questions.
Side note: It is not too difficult to create different versions excluding the drivers and RSDLite to minimize the file size.
- Do we as a group on Droidforums, feel this would be a sought after program that is worth my time and effort?
- Anyone else here familiar with Autoit that would be willing to help me work out kinks, or willing to learn enough to assist? Of course all assistance will be properly credited.
I foresee this being a long work in progress with many updates as new ROMS and updated files become available.