DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 122 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1255

Thread: Custom Boot Logos.... Who wants one?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    OK, I don't know exactly how to do this. I've downloaded RSD Lite and the only instructions I can find say to edit the .sbf file, yet the logo was zipped. Is there a way to do it with an update.zip now? And, if I can't just update.zip is the .sbf already edited and ready to go? I need some direction please.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    So my girl wants to know if you can do a custom boot logo on a stock phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    You have to be rooted.

CM74DX
    -Brad
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suuperflie View Post
    I've also been looking for the boot animation of the droid peeing on the apple. Not the logo, the animation. Anyone have this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    I think there are a number of different versions out there, but here's a few:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...nimations.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...animation.html

[BOOTSCREEN] [08/26/2010] Android peeing on Apple and smashing it with a baseball bat - xda-developers
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfns99 View Post
    And if you don't mind, xould you make it flashy? Maybe make the words a color different than symbol?

Sorry man, making a logo from scratch is beyond my interests. I only work with what I'm given, though I generally make an extra effort to make something look good. If you have anything already made, I'd be more than happy to help you get it formatted and onto your phone.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suuperflie View Post
    OK, I don't know exactly how to do this. I've downloaded RSD Lite and the only instructions I can find say to edit the .sbf file, yet the logo was zipped. Is there a way to do it with an update.zip now? And, if I can't just update.zip is the .sbf already edited and ready to go? I need some direction please.
    There is no editing needed to be done. There is a lot of outdated info out there. The files in this thread are boot logo-ONLY SBFs which can be flashed to your phone with RSD Lite and ONLY replace the boot logo. Unfortunately, an update.zip was never an option for the D1 boot logo. Follow the instructions here, Using RSD Lite to flash an SBF file -- correctly -- and don't worry, it's a lot to read, but an EXTREMELY simple process that only takes a matter of seconds.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

It is my understanding that you can, in fact, flash a custom boot logo on an otherwise stock phone, regardless of root. The SBF flash process can be done on a "bricked" droid to recover, for instance. The files in this thread (for Droid 1 only) only replace the boot logo and nothing else. They will not give or take away root as they are not a complete rom and have nothing to do with any of that.

Follow the instructions here, Using RSD Lite to flash an SBF file -- correctly, it should work. Forgive me, I cannot find "proof" as in a more renowned and respected member supplying the info. Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure you can find that info elsewhere.

EDIT: Well, here's possibly where I read you don't need root, in this thread of course. I can't speak from experience, because I don't believe I was ever NOT rooted. I believed I had read MotoCache1 state as such, but no idea where. jlutz555, who started this thread and got his info from MC1, stated in the first post, "All I am doing is creating an .sbf that contains only the Boot Logo image file ONLY. Thus eliminating the need to flash the entire phone, re-root, and restore a backup."
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    KhaoticFate
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I would love one of my wallpaper on my phone. I created the design for my clan/clothing line

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaoticFate View Post
    I would love one of my wallpaper on my phone. I created the design for my clan/clothing line
    Here you go. The layout of the logo makes it appear quite small, but I squeezed it into the 182 pixel height the best I could. Good looking logo

The skull with wings would make a great boot logo if you wanted to try that? The D1 boot logo is 480x182 pixels, so whatever you fit in there looks best if it flows horizontally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom Boot Logos.... Who wants one?-blg_d1_khaotic_fate.jpg  
    Attached Files
  10. XOOM RS Team Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Phone
    MOTO X + Nexus 7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djakrse View Post

It is my understanding that you can, in fact, flash a custom boot logo on an otherwise stock phone, regardless of root. The SBF flash process can be done on a "bricked" droid to recover, for instance. The files in this thread (for Droid 1 only) only replace the boot logo and nothing else. They will not give or take away root as they are not a complete rom and have nothing to do with any of that.
    I know I learned while writing the boot animation guide on the Xoom Forums, you can push a boot animation without root. It's essentially just a collection of images put into a zip file and placed in a folder (/data/local or /system/media)
    However, I see the boot logo as rather deep into the system to do it without having superuser permissions though. The post Moto made was about not having to totally dump your phone to baseline stock before reloading everything on it. As far as I know you still have to be rooted.

To verify, I may dump my Droid back to stock unrooted and try it. I'll get back when I find out for sure. This is one of those times I wish I had that digitizer to replace in my other Droid with the non-working half of the touch screen.

Links