DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Android 2.1 (Eclair) tether enabled kernels

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy Android 2.1 (Eclair) tether enabled kernels

For some reason, tethering only works on 2.1 for me (don't bother tech supporting that, I've been trying to fix it for weeks). Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding a stable tether enabled kernel for 2.1, as p3 and chevy have both taken down their 2.1 kernels. (p3 still lists them, but the files aren't there).

If anyone has any of these, I would be very grateful.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Did you try RSD lite to "purify" your phone? I don't see why tethering wouldn't work on 2.2 for you..what different kernels and roms did you try? Also, if you have rom manager free P3's eclair kernels are under cyanogenmod.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Did you try RSD lite to "purify" your phone? I don't see why tethering wouldn't work on 2.2 for you..what different kernels and roms did you try? Also, if you have rom manager free P3's eclair kernels are under cyanogenmod.
    It isn't that it didn't work, it's that the 3g would go out after about 20mb downloaded (give or take a few). Then the 3g icon would disappear and reappear over and over. If I stopped tethering, the 3g would work fine with no issues using the browser on my phone. Restart tethering, works for 20mb, problem repeats.

It's a Froyo issue I believe. I tried different kernels, roms, tethering apps. I downgraded to 2.1, and the problem went away entirely. Right now I am running a LV 1ghz kernel from p3 that is meant for 2.2. It's a little unstable when the phone powers up, but once it's running it's pretty smooth.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by soatari View Post
    It's a Froyo issue I believe. I tried different kernels, roms, tethering apps. I downgraded to 2.1, and the problem went away entirely. Right now I am running a LV 1ghz kernel from p3 that is meant for 2.2. It's a little unstable when the phone powers up, but once it's running it's pretty smooth.
    Have you given LFY a try? I had the same pbs as you using BBv0.1-0.4, Sapp, CM, etc. (I forget which versions)

LFY (1.4) was the only ROM I tried where tether (USB and Wireless) worked flawlessly and where WiFi maintained a consistent connection even after the phone sleeps.

I havd a DInc now, so I haven't tried out the latest ROM revs.

Links