I have optimized the R2D2 bootanimation for the original Droid. It will play smoothly and all the way through. File is half the size!
R2D2 animation here.
Droid 2 boot animation. optimized for Droid. (Untested)
Use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip
1. Put on SD Card
2. Rename R2D1_bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip (Can be done from computer before copied to SD Card instead.)
3. Copy and Paste it into /data/local (will take up memory used for apps)
alt. 3. Copy and past into /system/media (This will replace your original bootanimation so be sure to rename that file to bootanimation.zip.bak before copying the new one.)
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Turn on your phone.
No Root needed:
*must have Android SDK installed. and put the android-sdk folder on your c drive (c:/android-sdk)
*install the motorola usb drivers for your OS (Win 32bit) (Win 64bit)
rename R2D1_bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip and create a folder on your c drive named bootanimation (c:/bootanimation)
- Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
- cd c:/android-sdk (or /wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is)
- adb devices (to verify the connection - will show your device serial number if connected)
- cd c:/bootanimation
- adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
- adb reboot
Your phone will now reboot and play your new bootanimation!
Video and original file brought to you by Droid Life