DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Anyone know of a Mirror for Root Explorer?!?!

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member

Anyone know of a Mirror for Root Explorer?!?!

i've been trying to buy Root Explorer from the market, but it won't recognize any of my credit cards. i don't know what the deal is - maybe my credit cards aren't authorized to purchase something priced in English pounds. who knows...

Does anyone know of another way i can download the app?? i'm willing to pay for it, of course. i was just thinking there might be another site where i can use PayPal or something....

Thanks!!

EDIT: i've tried emailing the dev'r, but haven't received a response (they're probably asleep over there... )
    Last edited by huskerkate; 09-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    ukyfan_1999
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    I used a prepaid visa to buy my copy since amex won't work if it isn't US $

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Does this smell like chloroform to you?

Current: Galaxy Nexus
    Semi Retired: HTC Thunderbolt
    Semi Retired: Motorola Droid
    Retired: HTC Touch Pro
    Retired: HTC VX-6700
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    not a bad idea. altho, i hate the thought of paying a $3 activation fee (or whatever) for a $4 app.

i actually found a few websites that has the .apk available for download. but, there's no charge for it, and i don't want to screw the dev'r...
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

5. XOOM RS Team Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Phone
    MOTO X + Nexus 7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    i've been trying to buy Root Explorer from the market, but it won't recognize any of my credit cards. i don't know what the deal is - maybe my credit cards aren't authorized to purchase something priced in English pounds. who knows...

Does anyone know of another way i can download the app?? i'm willing to pay for it, of course. i was just thinking there might be another site where i can use PayPal or something....

Thanks!!

EDIT: i've tried emailing the dev'r, but haven't received a response (they're probably asleep over there... )
    Double check with your bank. My bank's credit card fraud department blocked the purchase because it was outside the US. See if it actually went through.

But since your purchase seems to be going the way mine did, here is my story for your heads up:

I was able to do the initial download and never thought twice about it. A few days later, a purcahse at a local store was denied and when I checked, the purchase never went through for the app. So I had them unlock it and went back to re-purchase it (to keep things legal) and it went through this time, but now just I can't get any updates from it. It hangs at downloading. Still have the app and can run it though from the initial install.
    When I cleared the Market cache (MENU > SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPLICATIONS > MARKET) it changed to "Download Failed".

Hopefully, you won't have the same problems I am, but wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

6. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post

Thanks!!

Double check with your bank. My bank's credit card fraud department blocked the purchase because it was outside the US. See if it actually went through.

But since your purchase seems to be going the way mine did, here is my story for your heads up:

I was able to do the initial download and never thought twice about it. A few days later, a purcahse at a local store was denied and when I checked, the purchase never went through for the app. So I had them unlock it and went back to re-purchase it (to keep things legal) and it went through this time, but now just I can't get any updates from it. It hangs at downloading. Still have the app and can run it though from the initial install.
    When I cleared the Market cache (MENU > SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPLICATIONS > MARKET) it changed to "Download Failed".

Hopefully, you won't have the same problems I am, but wanted to give you a heads up just in case.
    id say this is whats going on here (in bold). contact bank tomorrow to see if theyre doing anything
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    thanks! i hadn't thought of that... *wince*

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    do you have any other cards? I use amex for $ purchases but for pounds and euros and whatnot i have to use a mastercard.

Links