DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Have Done With a Rooted Droid That I Couldn't Do Before

1. b8b
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by silenceforus View Post
    So can we get back on topic after 5 pages? What can you guys do besides that now that you are rooted? I haven't done it yet, can't decide whether its worth the work.
    Yeah, all I've read is that you can delete some of the crap that shouldn't have been on their in the first place (Amazon). Anything else?

This board really needs a wiki post for threads.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by b8b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silenceforus View Post
    So can we get back on topic after 5 pages? What can you guys do besides that now that you are rooted? I haven't done it yet, can't decide whether its worth the work.
    Yeah, all I've read is that you can delete some of the crap that shouldn't have been on their in the first place (Amazon). Anything else?

This board really needs a wiki post for threads.
    You don't want to delete anything. Cause if you do, you will have a hard time getting it back on to perform future updates - until more 3rd party stuff comes out.

People are learning the hard way not to touch anything in the phone until a new boot recovery thing comes out or whatever it is that makes it so if you mess up your phone you can just reflash it. Until then, it's wise not to touch stuff cause if you attempt to update with an official update, it will crash saying your are missing files.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    For christ's sake stop deleting damn apps from your device just because you can.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

yeah

stop deleteing stuff, i deleted the corpcal.apk and .odex and i had a hell of a time finding them and getting them back on there to update to 2.0.1. but as far as the topic we cant do much else other than use root apps on the market til we see custom roms with custom kernals and the likes. what i wanna know is how long til we see a custom rom on par with cyanogen. oh and will someone for the love of god figure out how to overclock the processor the 600Mhz??? i want the power so to speak hahaha
  5. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thrashtrash View Post
    stop deleteing stuff, i deleted the corpcal.apk and .odex and i had a hell of a time finding them and getting them back on there to update to 2.0.1. but as far as the topic we cant do much else other than use root apps on the market til we see custom roms with custom kernals and the likes. what i wanna know is how long til we see a custom rom on par with cyanogen. oh and will someone for the love of god figure out how to overclock the processor the 600Mhz??? i want the power so to speak hahaha
    I heard overlockin it can cause damage to ur phone...it will overheat it
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    i think all the 'delete apps' posts specifically mention just renaming the said apps, not full on erasing them... if not, they really should, as not being able to update later heavily screws the users!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvado View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrashtrash View Post
    I heard overlockin it can cause damage to ur phone...it will overheat it
    Not very likely, at the point where the processor gets too hot to operate it would just lock up. It wouldn't run again until it's at an operable temp. For a regular phone user, there's really no reason to overclock your phone. If you wanted to play a game that ran really laggy or something similar to that overclocking would help BUT if you left the overclocked speed during normal phone use it would drain your battery faster. IMO the droid is plenty fast as is and the negative effect on battery life isn't worth overclocking it for regular day to day use.
    Member #
    Its not overclocking if you are going to 600mhz. Actually the droid is underclocked to 550.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Until something worthwhile comes from rooting the droid I will not venture down this road.

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    True, so you wouldn't necessarily have to worry about overheating being an issue. Unless Motorola underclocked it for a specific reason... maybe the compact case design with less room for air creates more heat than that chip was meant to handle at 600mhz. Who knows. Overclock or not to 600, you still take a battery life hit.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links