DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How I upgraded from the original FRG22 leak to official FRG22D - stock, rooted

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Awesome! Thanks Moto. Everything worked out great. I came from FRG01B by Pete rooted and now I am running FRG022D rooted. Everything went good and I'm currently downloading Flash 10.1 from the market. On a side note, I was sure how to Verify the right file is there in adb shell. It's all good I just managed to look at the size of the file that was pushed and made sure it matched the one on my computer. Thanks again!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    if I am already running the 2.2 OTA, can skip that push and just push the 2.2 to frg22d? I just received the update this morning but have not installed it yet.

Thanks
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsped View Post
    OK halfway there...

When I try to install the FRG01B to FRG22D update I get the following error message...

"file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7)
    Installation aborted"

Any ideas?

edit:

All is golden now!

Thanks a million!!!
    I get a similar error but umounted does not help. My error is
    assert failed: !less_than_int(1279140904, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))

OK that error was due to the 2.2 ota trying to be installed, I was already on that. When i try to install the 2.2 to frg22d error, I get this error:
    assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko","[really long string]","[really long string]")

Could this be because the frg22d ota was sent to my phone this morning but not installed?

Thanks,
    Ralph
    Last edited by ralphtrent; 09-05-2010 at 08:48 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855
    Wow, seriously?

I just downloaded the deodexed copy from MyDroidWorld, told ROM Manager I wanted to update from my SD card, pointed it to the zip, and boom.

Done.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
    Wow, seriously?

I just downloaded the deodexed copy from MyDroidWorld, told ROM Manager I wanted to update from my SD card, pointed it to the zip, and boom.

Done.
    I believe that file is the one that is 76+ meg, From what OS did you come from? Can you repost the link?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the instructions and the files. I had a Droid with the leaked FRG22 rooted with Easy Root but I needed another step to get FRG01B to install. Maybe this might help someone else.

Step 4 (install FRG01B) failed with a message like "assert failed... getprop("ro.build.date.utc")".

I found a post by DarkDvr at xdadevelopers about this build date issue
    at [ FIXED! ] Can't flash FRF91, throws "assert failed... getprop("ro.build.date.utc")" - xda-developers. His fix was to use
    Rom Manager to install an older version of Clockwork Recovery (v2.0.1.3) before installing the Rom.

I also had to use the menu option in Easy Root to "Force Re-root", since Easy Root said my phone was rooted but it really wasn't anymore (not sure when it unrooted...)

After that, I used Rom Manager "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" to install 2.0.1.3.

I was then able to follow MotoCache1's instructions, install FRG01B, and do the rest of the steps to get to FRG22D with his zip file installed also.

I then used Rom Manager "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" option to go back to the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery.

Now everything seems to be OK - FRG22D and root.

Thanks again.
  7. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    Quote Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
    Wow, seriously?

Done.
    That's quite lovely if you want to run an unsigned ROM prepared by someone else - but that's not what this topic is about.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  8. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphtrent View Post
    When i try to install the 2.2 to frg22d error, I get this error:
    assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko","[really long string]","[really long string]")

Could this be because the frg22d ota was sent to my phone this morning but not installed?
    Actually that error is just saying that your tiwlan_drv.ko file isn't the one that was expected. I know some (many, most?) of the update.zip files for the custom kernels will replace some of the wifi (tiwlan) files. If you went with the "master OTA" FRG22D (don't have a link right off but someone here posted it), it replaces that file with stock when it installs. Then you could redo your custom kernel afterward.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto, thanks for the feedback.

Are you saying that since I replaced my kernal (Which I did with a chevy), that is whats causing this, but if I install the ota'd frg22d that should work? Isnt that the file you link to in this post or is that something else?

The funny thing is I am no longer being asked to update and my "about phone" still says frg10b. All I did was let my 2 year old play with my phone, next thing i know he's in the recovery menu (I have a widget that will reboot the phone into recovery) and now I am not longer being asked. Not sure what happened there. I can go to phone/system updates and it says I am up to date. i do not get it.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto I found this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ad-now-51.html, simmons has a link to the master frg22d ota which is abou 77 megs. Should I run that update and then your zip file? Would that be ok? (start at, stay in recovery and then run your zip file...)

Thanks
    RalphTrent
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links