I've had my Verizon Droid since somewhere around March 2010. Before this phone, I had a cell phone just to make calls, that's it. Moving to a smartphone was one of the best decisions I've made. That is, until the Froyo update. It doesn't seem that Verizon has a fix for this, so I'm turning to all of you on this forum. I feel capable of rooting the phone myself, however I do not want to do this over and over again. This leaves me with 2 questions for all rooted Droid users. Below is a list of problems that I am having since the update. Will rooting fix some or all of these, and what should I install? There are many different ROMS and Themes. Any recommendations?
These are some of the issues am having with Froyo:
1) Battery life reduced
2) Phone seems to restart (randomly)
3) Touch screen does not register correctly
4) YouTube widget never displays any video (always loading)
5) Screen scroll lags from time to time
6) Ringtone -> vibrate -> silent issue
7) LED doesn't light up like it used for alerts. Mostly when docked.
8) Swiping between home screens is working only after the second attempt when waking up the phone.
9) Less signal bars. Used to have full signal almost everywhere, now almost NEVER have full signal. Typical is 2-3 bars.
10) When docking the phone, I have to swipe to unlock. Before the update I simply put the phone in the dock and it unlocked itself.
11) Connects to WIFI fine, but when switching back to 3G the phone intermittently turns off both WIFI and 3G. Only way I’ve found to fix this is to restart the phone.