You can do this with the stock text messager... you jus have to HOLD your finger on the picture or video instead of just touching it.Yea, its better than the OEM "call log" and I like that it tells the TIME of the call but its so busy (i.e. it has a big icon for a photo of the caller on the left and that phone icon to show if it was an incoming or out going call it does NOT need that big icon of a green phone on the right to dial them, they could be one in the same) also it kinda jams the text together and makes it hard to read some fields, and it does tell the date but it still does not tell the DAY of the phone call. I often remember that I spoke to someone on a Friday or a Sunday NOT the actual date. A
Thanks for the post, I do appreciate it.
I my opinion there is a WHOLE bunch of $hit the Droid doesnt do that it should.
Here are a few
1. redial a missed call with less than 2 button presses. (Every phone for the last 10 years could do this, how they missed that is beyond me)
2. put the call log on the desktop.
3. Make the voice search learn pronunciations (like if your friend has a oddly pronounced name)
4. Put the voice to text feature in the email application.
5. Include a stock text messenger that you can SAVE photos out of.
6. Include a worthwhile task killer so your battery lasts longer than a DAY in stock trim.
7. Make the stock email app available to go to the next message when viewed horizontally.
8. In the "Call Log" make it so you can view the rest of a contacts info once you have selected that contact (currently to view their other phone numbers or to email them you have to hit "view contact" WHY? there is a TON of un-used space right below the "view contact" button.
9. install the flashlight app from the factory. Who hasn't needed that? That thing is GREAT!!!
10. Spend a little more time developing the music player. It could use a little more functionality and smaller icons, so you can view more artists per page (little stuff like that).
There that's 10 things I just poped off the top of my head. If I actually sat down and thought about it I am sure I could come up with WAY more.