DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Any hack to have LED notification stay on with screen on?

  1. Droid Ninja
    tu3218's Avatar
    Member #
    5875
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,219
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Any hack to have LED notification stay on with screen on?

    I was wondering if there is any hack to have the LED come on when you recieve a text, email, etc. A lot of the games I play take away the status bar an if I have my notification volume on low, I won't be able to here if I recieve a text. Before 2.1, the LED light would come on no matter what so I would know when I received a message. Is there any hack to change this back to how it was in 2.01?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Se7enLC's Avatar
    Member #
    5148
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,263
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
    I was wondering if there is any hack to have the LED come on when you recieve a text, email, etc. A lot of the games I play take away the status bar an if I have my notification volume on low, I won't be able to here if I recieve a text. Before 2.1, the LED light would come on no matter what so I would know when I received a message. Is there any hack to change this back to how it was in 2.01?
    CM6 has this feature built-in, as well as the ability to customize which color to flash for a notification for which app (including apps that do not natively support a color selection).
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  3. Senior Droid
    Artimis's Avatar
    Member #
    14507
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    207
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    CM and Sapphire are the only 2 ROMS I know of that allow this. You will have to go with a ROM built from source (which CM and Sapphire are) as google disabled this a "feature" in 2.1.
  4. Droid Ninja
    tu3218's Avatar
    Member #
    5875
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,219
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Ahh thats disappointing. Oh well, guess I'll just deal with it.
  5. XOOM RS Team Lead
    fish1552's Avatar
    Member #
    47771
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Savannah area of Coastal Georgia, USA
    Posts
    652
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Phone
    MOTO X + Nexus 7
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
    Ahh thats disappointing. Oh well, guess I'll just deal with it.
    There is a free app called "Blink - Flash LED in Your Way" that lets you set colors for different notifications.
    SMS, MMS, Missed Calls, Incoming Calls, battery & memory. I set a different color for each so if I have it on vibrate and don't feel it, I can see instantly I have something waiting.



  6. Senior Droid
    nelamvr6's Avatar
    Member #
    90732
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New London, CT USA
    Posts
    217
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimis View Post
    CM and Sapphire are the only 2 ROMS I know of that allow this. You will have to go with a ROM built from source (which CM and Sapphire are) as google disabled this a "feature" in 2.1.

    Add Chevy's Simply Stunning to that list...
    Droid DNA, Nexus 7
  7. Droid Ninja
    tu3218's Avatar
    Member #
    5875
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,219
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
    Ahh thats disappointing. Oh well, guess I'll just deal with it.
    There is a free app called "Blink - Flash LED in Your Way" that lets you set colors for different notifications.
    SMS, MMS, Missed Calls, Incoming Calls, battery & memory. I set a different color for each so if I have it on vibrate and don't feel it, I can see instantly I have something waiting.
    But does it allow the led to stay on when the screen is on? That's what I'm looking for that was removed starting in android 2.1.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Won't stay on home screen
    By showzr in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Screen will not stay off during calls
    By Mew2 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:13 AM
  3. Screen wont stay on when plugged in
    By coronanlime247 in forum Bugless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 08:24 AM
  4. won't stay on home screen
    By showzr in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 09:24 PM
  5. Screen lock app doesn't want stay away
    By n0m0n in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Search tags for this page

cm10.1 gosms notification light stay on

,
do text notifacations on droid razr get in the way of what y
,
how do i get my led notification light to stay on when my sc
,

how to make led notifacation light on droid stay on

,
how to make led notification stay on
,
htc thunderbolt led hack
,
led
,
led light hack android
,
make notification stay on screen android
,
screen led hacks
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+