DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P3Droid - FRG22D, rooted, deodexed, busybox

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear in NM View Post
    Now for my only problem, Setcpu (2.0.2). I noticed that with P3's file, my setcpu was misbehaving. In the app, I could scroll the bar to 800 (the kernel it came with), and the line above would show 800. Upon reboot, I checked and the slider shows 800, but the min/max line above only shows 600 max. I confirmed with quadrant, and then installed Chevy's 1200 ulv. Same situation, auto detect, the slider and info line above look correct, but upon reboot the slider shows 1200, but the min max only shows 600. For both kernels you can manually slide to the higher frequencey, but it will not stick on a reboot.

I went as far as installing the newer SU 2.3.4 (not for the faint of heart)and found the same scenario. I checked in the XDA thread for the new SU, and one poster mentioned the problem with Setcpu not sticking on a reboot. So, for those of you running this FRF22d, are you having any problems with setcpu? You need to check your slider, and the min/max above the slider, after a reboot. I hope it is just my phone. In any case, I am going to work with it until I get more info.

Craig
    I think I had the same problem with setCpu that you're having. What seems to have fixed it for me, was I went into setCpu and hit menu>device selection and do the auto detection. after that, I've rebooted twice and it's had no problem setting the clock to 800mhz on its own.

Good luck!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid, moto charm
    any one can give me a direct download. it wont let me download from site
    Pokemaughn!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykarl View Post
    Now for my only problem, Setcpu (2.0.2). I noticed that with P3's file, my setcpu was misbehaving. In the app, I could scroll the bar to 800 (the kernel it came with), and the line above would show 800. Upon reboot, I checked and the slider shows 800, but the min/max line above only shows 600 max. I confirmed with quadrant, and then installed Chevy's 1200 ulv. Same situation, auto detect, the slider and info line above look correct, but upon reboot the slider shows 1200, but the min max only shows 600. For both kernels you can manually slide to the higher frequencey, but it will not stick on a reboot.

I went as far as installing the newer SU 2.3.4 (not for the faint of heart)and found the same scenario. I checked in the XDA thread for the new SU, and one poster mentioned the problem with Setcpu not sticking on a reboot. So, for those of you running this FRF22d, are you having any problems with setcpu? You need to check your slider, and the min/max above the slider, after a reboot. I hope it is just my phone. In any case, I am going to work with it until I get more info.

Craig
    I think I had the same problem with setCpu that you're having. What seems to have fixed it for me, was I went into setCpu and hit menu>device selection and do the auto detection. after that, I've rebooted twice and it's had no problem setting the clock to 800mhz on its own.

Good luck!
    Krazy,

Thanks, that is usually required whenever I install a new rom, as I always wipe and factory reset. I tried that about 10 times, took about a half hour fiddling with and instaling/uninstalling the new SU, and what finally fixed it for me was installing 928's theme. And, I don't have a clue as to why the theme would fix the ap, unless somehow I got a borked market install when I applied the original 22D update. That was a first for me.

Thanks again,

Craig
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just installed this update. Had trouble with SuperUser. It force closed everytime something requested root. Was about to uninstall and reinstall but decided to clear data in the SU app first. Everything has worked fine since.

I do not see Flash in the market. But I already have it so who cares. So far nothing asking me to upgrade to FRG01B yet.

Otherwise, I see no improvements over FRG01B. My mail app did ask me to update my exchange security...I did...it worked. Snoor.

My battery is very hot right now. 109 f. OK...A lot think that is not very hot but I've been seeing mostly mid 80s for months now. This is the first time I saw it get over low 90s since 2.2 first hit the leaky market. I'm going to let it cool and watch it. It could have got hot from the backups and installation followed by the initial sync with servers.

Edit: SetCPU widget says battery is 109 and never changes. I pulled the battery cover and touched the battery. It is very cool. Obviously SetCPU is reporting battery temp incorrectly. Not sure what that's all about.
    Nate
    Last edited by nateccnn; 08-28-2010 at 06:24 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Krazy,

Thanks, that is usually required whenever I install a new rom, as I always wipe and factory reset. I tried that about 10 times, took about a half hour fiddling with and instaling/uninstalling the new SU, and what finally fixed it for me was installing 928's theme. And, I don't have a clue as to why the theme would fix the ap, unless somehow I got a borked market install when I applied the original 22D update. That was a first for me.

Thanks again,

Craig
    I figured you'd tried that...but sometimes its the simple things that slip your mind. anyways, glad you got it working!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links