DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to bypass the Screen unlock pin and use the Pattern

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2

Angry

Update:

I performed a factory reset to default settings, checked to make sure I could modify screen lock policy, and checked exchange settings. I then synced my device and it enforced the PIN again. Somebody's goign to have to call Motorola.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    But it only started to do this from last week. Before last week, I was not forced to set up a PIN. And I am using custom roms so I dont think it is Motorola enforcing..
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Great.... I can confirm this has to be a bug. does exactly like he said, requires a pin even though you dont need one.

I am not entering my pin every time...
    Guess I'll have to use touchdown or the like.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I think you guys missed the point.

The require pin or password setting is set by the Exchange Server. This is not a bug. If your using Android OS 2.2 and Connecting to an Exchange Server 2007 or higher and your network administrator has this policy set (it's set by default) you will have to set a pin code on your phone, or try and convince the powers that be to change the setting, if you want to get your exchange mail on your phone.

and verizon pushed the update to the droid 1 that has this security "feature" in it last week. atleast they did on my phone
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Those of us who administer the Exchange server at work, would like to know what setting you are talking about because the only place that we've seen password requirements on activesync are disabled.

I also have the Droid and got the update recently, but am not required to enter my pin and am still able to change the settings on the screen lock.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by VTron21 View Post
    I think you guys missed the point.

The require pin or password setting is set by the Exchange Server. This is not a bug. If your using Android OS 2.2 and Connecting to an Exchange Server 2007 or higher and your network administrator has this policy set (it's set by default) you will have to set a pin code on your phone, or try and convince the powers that be to change the setting, if you want to get your exchange mail on your phone.

and verizon pushed the update to the droid 1 that has this security "feature" in it last week. atleast they did on my phone
    Is it possible you might be missing the point people are trying to make? most of us are network administrators or our network administrator have told us the the exchange 2007 server is set up to NOT require the pin, yet the droid does not care, it keeps asking for the pin every time you wake it up. Can you tell us explicitly what setting you are talking about in case it's something we are missing?

Quote Originally Posted by m00nbeast View Post
    Those of us who administer the Exchange server at work, would like to know what setting you are talking about because the only place that we've seen password requirements on activesync are disabled.

I also have the Droid and got the update recently, but am not required to enter my pin and am still able to change the settings on the screen lock.
    How is this possible? what is different in your setup? are you on a corporate server? are you using touchdown or any other third-party mail app? are you on FRG22D? I have never used a screen lock, my exchange 2007 server is set up to not require the pin and yet FRG22D has render my droid almost unusable by insisting I enter the stupid pin every time I want to use the phone for anything, this is the case for everyone else I know with an FRG22D Droid 1 with exchange mail. This is so bad I have disabled activesync on my phone and am seriously considering rooting and reverting to a previous load.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah, we have a Exchange 2007 here at the Corporate office. I'm using the native email client with the Droid 1.

I am on FRG22D. I suppose that perhaps it is because I already had the email set up? I really don't know. Nobody here in the office with the Droid 1 has complained about it yet.

The one person that got the Droid 2 likes the feature, thankfully.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by m00nbeast View Post
    Yeah, we have a Exchange 2007 here at the Corporate office. I'm using the native email client with the Droid 1.

I am on FRG22D. I suppose that perhaps it is because I already had the email set up? I really don't know. Nobody here in the office with the Droid 1 has complained about it yet.

The one person that got the Droid 2 likes the feature, thankfully.
    Maybe there is a setting on the server my admin does not know about?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I have searched high and low in the active sync settings and cannot find anything that is enforcing a password policy. In addition, Windows mobile devices are not requiring a password. On top of that, I worked at a company previously where we did enforce a policy and it affected Windows Mobile......
    Motorola has no idea what is going on..... although they are at least admitting that something is wrong now. https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0
    This is absolutely pathetic. I understand rollout issues, but it has been weeks now with no solution.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2

found fix

Hey guys, there is a fix for this. This is a known issue with 2.2 froyo on droids, and droid X. Maybe others also. The security pin is enforced even if the setting is disabled in exchange.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...er-policy.html
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links