DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Official 2.2 brick...my fix

  1. Junior Droid
    neo4uo's Avatar
    Member #
    86699
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Official 2.2 brick...my fix

    My wife did the 2.2 update the other day and it got hung at the "m" screen. I have been using UD roms for awhile now and have never bricked a phone. I usually use Chevy's rom to overclock and top it off with cuttalot's themes. I love the whole custom rom option versus the official 2.2. After the official 2.2 bricked my wifes phonethe I tried several things to get it unbricked. The fix was going to an unofficial version of 2.2 lol. I ended up flashing with the clockwork or the other recovery program I can't remember the name. You can do some research on doing a install on custom Rom. The only thing is after the first install of the custom rom it hung on the m screen again. The difference is that this time I could boot back into recovery after a battery pull. I had to do a cache data reset in recovery and install 3 times to get past the m screen. The difference again is with the official 2.2 you couldn't go back into the recovery once I got locked on the m screen. All I have to say is this forced my wife to go to a custom rom. I think she is glad she didn't have to wait on a new phone and she likes the features of UD 7.0 . Any? Please ask...and excuse my franker and spelling I wrote this on my Droid.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    aristo1963's Avatar
    Member #
    12345
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Goldsboro,N.C.
    Posts
    110
    Phone
    Razr MAXX HD
    #2
    Worth a sticky imo
  4. Banned
    gavron's Avatar
    Member #
    32757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    555
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    #3
    There was no brick here.

    E
  5. Junior Droid
    neo4uo's Avatar
    Member #
    86699
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gavron View Post
    There was no brick here.

    E
    It was bricked...if you look at it from my point of view. If I would have brought it to the Verizon store they would have wanted to replace my wife's phone. My story's intentions was to let people know as follows; if your phone hangs up on the "m" screen after u install the official 2.2 froyo...you are not stuck...there is hope....you don't have to bring ur phone to the Verizon store with hopes of getting a replacement phone in 3 days *crosses fingers*....
    There is an alternative to going to the store. Use a user 2.2 rom that is rooted...that you can get the links off of this site...there are many and theater make ur phone run great

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Banned
    gavron's Avatar
    Member #
    32757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    555
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by neo4uo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gavron View Post
    There was no brick here.

    E
    It was bricked...if you look at it from my point of view. If I would have brought it to the Verizon store they would have wanted to replace my wife's phone. My story's intentions was to let people know as follows; if your phone hangs up on the "m" screen after u install the official 2.2 froyo...you are not stuck...there is hope....you don't have to bring ur phone to the Verizon store with hopes of getting a replacement phone in 3 days *crosses fingers*....
    There is an alternative to going to the store. Use a user 2.2 rom that is rooted...that you can get the links off of this site...there are many and theater make ur phone run great

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I don't want to split hairs with you, but here's what is clear.

    1. If you hadn't done something that's not recommended, NOTHING would have been wrong with the phone.

    2. Once you color outside those lines, you can't call it "bricked" unless you can't undo what you did.

    3. You did. You undid. It wasn't bricked.

    Real "brick"means SBF won't restore it either.

    Until then, it's a phone that doesn't like its ROM or kernel.

    E
  7. Junior Droid
    neo4uo's Avatar
    Member #
    86699
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Lol...

    1. Maybe there is a misunderstanding. My wife's Droid got the official froyo update...when the phone rebooted it hung on the m screen. The only way it would reboot was to do a battery pull. So as far as me leaving the phone alone it would have had to go to Verizon. So rather than laying down in defeat I installed clockwork and put a rooted rom on the phone that worked.

    2. Google is a search engine do a search for; phone locked after official 2.2 froyo pushed to phone...the majority of people are bringing the phone to Verizon and getting a new phone. My story is an alternative...if you don't mind using an unofficial rom....which in my opinion are better than the factory rom.

    3. Do you want my user name and password to change my thread title from what it is too; bricked or not bricked...a love story?

    Serious...people on the forum boards can be so critical and anal about a simple person like me trying to give some help to peeps who may be frustrated b/c their phone is stuck on the m from an official "pushed" Froyo update.

    -maybe my story will help someone

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. Theme Developer
    xkape's Avatar
    Member #
    95251
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,877
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #7
    It's not out of frustration. I don't think anyones trying to "argue" with you. I think they are trying to get the record strait for future users looking for help. All these threads will be here for awhile. While what you did is definately valuable information, it is not for someone looking for bricked phone help. However, the thread will reamina nd it will end up helping many people without your knowledge. Probably already has.
  9. Chief Droid Scientist
    MotoCache1's Avatar
    Member #
    83203
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    530
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by neo4uo View Post
    My wife did the 2.2 update the other day and it got hung at the "m" screen. [...] After the official 2.2 bricked my wifes phonethe I tried several things to get it unbricked. The fix was going to an unofficial version of 2.2 lol. I ended up flashing with the clockwork or the other recovery program I can't remember the name. [...] The only thing is after the first install of the custom rom it hung on the m screen again.
    Since your wife was installing the official 2.2 update, presumably her phone isn't rooted. How did you get your custom recovery on there? I'm not asking because I need to know how but in case there may be a lesson learned I can point out.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

    Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

    Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  10. Junior Droid
    neo4uo's Avatar
    Member #
    86699
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    It's not out of frustration. I don't think anyones trying to "argue" with you. I think they are trying to get the record strait for future users looking for help. All these threads will be here for awhile. While what you did is definately valuable information, it is not for someone looking for bricked phone help. However, the thread will reamina nd it will end up helping many people without your knowledge. Probably already has.
    Well thanks for the response. I didn't mean to be mean or be a butt. I was just excited I found a solution and was not in the right state of mind.

    Sent from my DROiD PiNKMiX v2.0 using Tapatalk
  11. Junior Droid
    neo4uo's Avatar
    Member #
    86699
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neo4uo View Post
    My wife did the 2.2 update the other day and it got hung at the "m" screen. [...] After the official 2.2 bricked my wifes phonethe I tried several things to get it unbricked. The fix was going to an unofficial version of 2.2 lol. I ended up flashing with the clockwork or the other recovery program I can't remember the name. [...] The only thing is after the first install of the custom rom it hung on the m screen again.
    Since your wife was installing the official 2.2 update, presumably her phone isn't rooted. How did you get your custom recovery on there? I'm not asking because I need to know how but in case there may be a lesson learned I can point out.
    I put the phone in some mode holding the power button and the dpad up....which is towards the screen. I used a program called rsd lite to load a program called sprecovery on the phone. I rebooted the phone into sprecovery and turned phone into mass storage and loaded rom onto phone...then I installed the rom with sprecovery. All the programs mentioned above can be found from searches within this forum....hope that helps.


    Sent from my DROiD PiNKMiX v2.0 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is it a brick or not a brick
    By teddyearp in forum Droid Rooted Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 03:31 PM
  2. Brick - no nothing...
    By Naebue in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 10:41 PM
  3. did i brick this
    By udmatador in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM
  4. Possible brick?
    By Digital_Dementia in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 04:24 AM
  5. Brick'd? Now what?
    By RayneC in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 11:37 PM

Search tags for this page

android 2.2 brick

,
android 2.2 brickado
,
android 2.2 brickou
,
android repair hang
,

brick droid 2

,

droid eris bricked fix

,

how to brick android 2.2

,
odem android 2.2 kernel bricked
,
permanent android brick repair
,
unbrick android2.2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+