right to the point.
I want to edit the stock Froyo, I have a solid tech knowledge, and I've spent the better half of 3 days trying to avoid being here asking people for help on a topic i am sure gets passed around and beat up constantly here. However i am at a loss, and i am stuck. and i am here asking for serious help.
Things I've Done.
1. Installed Google SDK
2. Installed java5
3. Installed Eclipse.
4. Downloaded and sync'd -b Froyo
5. loaded Froyo in Eclipse.
All the information i find tends to lean to building apps for Android OS. i am not interested in making more Naked Japanese girls apps. or soundboards for that matter.
What i want to accomplish
1. Custom theme - I've found plenty of guides here.. not an issue.
2. Custom ROM - I want to learn how to edit, tweak, optimize, Stock 2.2, would eventually want to learn how to build from source but you have to crawl before you walk..
Where you come in: (hopefully )
1. I am not asking for a handout. i am not asking for someone to write a step by step guide and baby sit me all the way.
2. Point me in the right direction on what i need to know to be able to edit Stock Froyo
I have a true desire to learn, Buying a DROID has been a Pandora's box for me. I've rooted. and installed just about every ROM out there. and now i have a hunger to learn.
Thank you to everyone in advance and for taking the time to read.